A new Loomer-only track

Official support for: loomer.co.uk
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Greetings,

I recently purchased String, adding to my armory of Linux Loomer plugins. It's such a wonderful synth, I'm a little surprised there isn't more mention of it, so I cobbled a little thing together for the amusement of the fans of Loomer software.

https://soundcloud.com/davephillips69/looming-over-all

I hope you enjoy it, comments are welcome.

Best regards,

Dave Phillips

Hey Dave,

love it! Well balanced, nice little track! Could you please elaborate a little more about the Loomer SW you used/how?

Alberto

AZZIN wrote:Hey Dave,

love it! Well balanced, nice little track!
Thanks, Alberto. :)
Could you please elaborate a little more about the Loomer SW you used/how?
Here's a screenshot of the track layout in Bitwig :

The first three tracks are played by Aspect. The first two play the Evolving Partials preset, the third plays the Flowing Bass. The only modulation in those tracks - and all others - is a more-or-less consistent volume curve, i.e. fade-in, slightly changing curve, fade-out.

The next four tracks are played by String, using its Larynx (with small edits), Martian Voicebox (twice), and Cello presets. The Voicebox and Cello are further treated by the Parallel BP preset (its on/off status is indicated in the screenshot).

The last two tracks are soundfiles created by slightly editing the Cumulus Kaneda preset. The soundfiles were created specifically for the piece - I had some trouble using two instances of Cumulus in Bitwig, so I simply opted for exporting the audio output from a separate session with Cumulus.

That's about it, I think. Let me know if there's anything else you'd like to know about the track, and thanks again for your kind comments.

HTH,

dp

Return to “Loomer”