Manifold & Resound 1.7.1 beta (New UI; AAX64-bit; new preset browser)

Official support for: loomer.co.uk
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I'll be releasing these officially in a few days, but seeing as a handful of other people already have them, I can't see any harm in letting the good folks at KVR in on the early access too.

These new builds add most of the requested features and changes to Manifold and Resound, such as:
- New sleek, clean-looking, resizable interface.
- AAX64 plug-in support for Windows and Mac OS X.
- Streamlined preset browser.
- Presets can now be added to a 'Favourites' list.
- Filter values are now in Hz, as opposed to %.
- Rotarys can be clicked and edited via numeric entry for even finer control.
- Fixes an issue with installation halting on the latest Mac OS X.
- Various host compatibility fixes.

Manifold's new UI looks like this:

Whilst Resound, like so:

And the dark themed preset browser, here:

I'm looking to release officially later this week, so any small requests or updates will certainly be considered before then.

Manifold for Mac OS X, Windows, and Linux can be found here: https://drive.google.com/folderview?id= ... sp=sharing

Whilst Resound, again for Mac OS X, Windows, and Linux can be found here:
https://drive.google.com/folderview?id= ... sp=sharing

Enjoy!
Architect, the modular MIDI toolkit, beta now available for macOS, Windows, and Linux.

Hey Colin,

Nice to see these given the new GUI treatment (although I'm missing the old pink rings around the knobs... visually they added a nice contrast to the blues and grey :) )

I've looking at them in Live 9.5 and Push 2... one thing: the parameter values in the AU for the HP/LP filter in Manifold and the HP in Resound are not matching the Hz values given on the GUIs (Manifold is showing -0.76 and 1.14 as Min/Max values, Resound is showing -0.61 and 0.22) whereas the VST values match the Hz values (eg: Resound HP is showing 35.0 to 750.0). Would it be possible for the AU values to match the real values too?

Other than this, my only other small request would be to ask if the Hz suffix for these HP/LPs could be passed through to the Host in the same way that dB is on the AU volume parameter.

Cheers,

Alan

Noted; thanks for checking them out. I'll get these quirks looked into and aim to get a fix up before the end of today. Thanks!
Architect, the modular MIDI toolkit, beta now available for macOS, Windows, and Linux.

These look fantastic Colin. :tu:
The inner workings of vurts mind are a force to be reckoned with.
music is a need in my life...yes I could survive without it but tbh I dont know how
myfeebleeffort
https://paulroach2.bandcamp.com/
https://hearthis.at/83hdtrvm/

Very neat GUIs! Bravo!

Thanks guys. The Hz AudioUnit issue is well underway. I thought this'd be one of those, "fix in ten minutes" issues, but unfortunately, so far it's been one of those "three hours later and little progress" type ones. Ah, what fun!

colin@loomer wrote:Thanks guys. The Hz AudioUnit issue is well underway. I thought this'd be one of those, "fix in ten minutes" issues, but unfortunately, so far it's been one of those "three hours later and little progress" type ones. Ah, what fun!
Sorry Colin :)

Truth is I always used to use VST versions of almost everything but noticed that 'buttons' (or selectors I guess) parameters have a nicer appearance (different to the the 'knob circle') in the Push 2 display with some AU's and Loomer's plugins were 'one of those'!

It's always good to get a grip on these things. And after further investigation, I think that custom ranges, such as the filter Hz display, are not supported under Audio Units. With that in mind, I'll revert to the % display when exposing Audio Unit parameters, but still use the clearer Hz display on the interface and where ever else is possible.

A compromise, unless some better solution suddenly becomes apparent (and, after checking lots of other Audio Units for prior examples, I don't think there is one. Ho hum!)

OK, so I've reverted back to % for exported Audio Parameters. I'll get these Mac updates posted later tonight, but will hold off until then just in case any other suggestions or bugs come up in the interim.

Gotcha. Thanks for checking into that Colin.

Sounds like one of those OSX user 'conundrums' with choosing between using VST or AU versions if regularly using a controller to view parameters... VST for the more exact range to be forwarded to the host versus AU with the 'nicer button' display option. Hmmmm.

(Hardly life or death but when you're name is an anagram of 'anal'... :D )

I guess it really comes down to how much nicer them buttons are!

If your software supports VST then use VST, I have done a lot of testing of this, and reality is, VST is still better from pretty much every developer.
Duh

colin@loomer wrote:I guess it really comes down to how much nicer them buttons are!
Decisions, decisions! ;)

bungle wrote:If your software supports VST then use VST, I have done a lot of testing of this, and reality is, VST is still better from pretty much every developer.
That may well be true in most cases and I would usually use VST too.

(I do have a specific problem with using u-he VSTs in Ableton Live and a Push2 controller to edit from the display where I've felt the need to use u-he's AUs over VSTs. Not going to go into specifics here though)

... just looking into another potential issue (although the problem may be located between the keyboard and chair, as they say), but I'm holding off on posting an update until I've confirmed this. Keeping in mind the miniscule changes that've made it to 1.7.2, I'm sure you can all survive with incorrect AU parameter displays on Push2 for another evening.

Return to “Loomer”