Updates for Sequent and Shift

Official support for: loomer.co.uk
RELATED
PRODUCTS

hi colin,
in the closed thread on epoch you hinted at some updates for the other loomer plugins. will these updates include gui enhancements like you did them for shift2 (nicer look, resizable interface)? that would be nice and i'm especially looking forward for such updates for sequent and shift.
cheers

Very shortly: in fact, I've just this week been putting some finishing touches on the scaleable UIs for Manifold and Resound. There is also a new preset browser - very slick if I do say so myself - which also adds a few oft requested features such as being able to favourite presets.

These updates will, all going well, land next week. And provided that the preset browser changes don't raise any new issues, I'll be looking to release matching updates to the rest of the product lines shortly afterwards, with Sequent likely to be the first.
Architect, the modular MIDI toolkit, beta now available for macOS, Windows, and Linux.

colin@loomer wrote:Very shortly: in fact, I've just this week been putting some finishing touches on the scaleable UIs for Manifold and Resound. There is also a new preset browser - very slick if I do say so myself - which also adds a few oft requested features such as being able to favourite presets.

These updates will, all going well, land next week. And provided that the preset browser changes don't raise any new issues, I'll be looking to release matching updates to the rest of the product lines shortly afterwards, with Sequent likely to be the first.
thanks for the info, colin. i'm looking forward to the update of sequent :tu:

hi collin, any news concerning the update of sequent? i am really Looking forward to it. thanks and cheers

I still have a few fixes left for Sequent, but I'll endeavour to get them done over the next week or so and look to get it released shortly. Thanks!
Architect, the modular MIDI toolkit, beta now available for macOS, Windows, and Linux.

colin@loomer wrote:I still have a few fixes left for Sequent, but I'll endeavour to get them done over the next week or so and look to get it released shortly. Thanks!
thanks for the info, colin

hi colin, do you have any news or maybe a screenshot of the updated sequent?
thanks

I'm afraid that I ended up getting stuck into other things for the past few weeks and haven't had any time to look into this. I will however, absolutely, by hook or by crook, schedule time for the update next week. Sorry for the wait, gosh.

Just to keep you in the loop, the update changes are well underway and - provided no major nasty occurs - I'd like to get this out in beta late next week. Thanks for your patience!

colin@loomer wrote:Just to keep you in the loop, the update changes are well underway and - provided no major nasty occurs - I'd like to get this out in beta late next week. Thanks for your patience!
thank you for the info, colin. i'm looking forward to the beta. i love the new guis for shift, manifold and resound (although i only own the first). excited to see what you have come up with for sequent.
cheers :)

sorry to be so annoying, colin, but are there any news regarding the sequent beta?
thanks and cheers

Not annoying at all: you're right to ask if I haven't yet delivered. Anyway, I've been waiting for some UI bits from my graphics guy. He finished these a few days ago, and whilst I haven't had a chance to incorporate them yet, I have time scheduled in to do so later on this week. If these UI changes are good, then it's just some tinkering and testing, and it's good to go.

colin@loomer wrote:Not annoying at all: you're right to ask if I haven't yet delivered. Anyway, I've been waiting for some UI bits from my graphics guy. He finished these a few days ago, and whilst I haven't had a chance to incorporate them yet, I have time scheduled in to do so later on this week. If these UI changes are good, then it's just some tinkering and testing, and it's good to go.
thanks, colin

hi colin, i just wanted to ask if there will be a beta of the updated sequent before the official release (as you did it with manifold and resound).
cheers

Yes. For various reasons, the whole preset loading code has had some big changes, so I'd definitely feel safer getting a beta out. Whilst my own internal tests suggest all is well, I'd be happier if users could also confirm that their presets are identical before pushing out the full release. Ironically, it did uncover a (very minor) preset incompatibility in previous versions, but seeing as no-one ever reported it and the circumstances were unusual, I don't think it was a big deal.

Return to “Loomer”