String 1.15.2 - vst3 + new GUI

Official support for: loomer.co.uk
RELATED
PRODUCTS

It's been lingering in public beta for a while, so I think it's about time to make the release official: String 1.14.13 is now available for download for Mac OS X, Windows, and Linux.

String is a virtual instrument that emulates the beautiful sound of the polyphonic string synthesizer. String's authentic tone comes from its accurate emulation of the divide-down oscillator technology behind the lush ensemble synths of the 70s.

Changes:
  • (new) AAX 64-bit Native plug-ins for Windows and Mac OS X.
  • (fix) Fixed issue where MIDI learnt parameters could be forgotten when reloading String.
  • (improvement) Significantly improved UI response speed; reduced CPU usage when parameters are automated whilst the UI is open.
Download the update and demo from www.loomer.co.uk.

Note that anyone who is using the previous public beta, I would recommend updating because this release fixes an issue with the beta which could cause hung notes on layer 2 in certain filter routing configurations.

Thanks!
Architect, the modular MIDI toolkit, beta now available for macOS, Windows, and Linux.

Hi,

any news for macOS 10.15 Catalina fix for String standalone?
Thanks in advance!

Saw wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 7:19 am Hi,

any news for macOS 10.15 Catalina fix for String standalone?
Thanks in advance!
Working on it. I'm hoping to find a little time after the forthcoming Architect release to go through and get updates for these other products out.
Architect, the modular MIDI toolkit, beta now available for macOS, Windows, and Linux.

Hello ! Same request here ... Please, take a little time for fix String standalone with Catalina 10.15
Zeuhl Muzik for ever !

You'll be pleased to hear that the String update is nearly finished. Due to a few personal issues at the moment, I can't guarantee absolutely I'll get it out next week, but that's more or less the ballpark for when I'm aiming to release it.

... Although, if you're not fussed about waiting for the documentation to be complete, I expect I can send you a link to a beta build a little earlier, if you'd like.

colin@loomer wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 8:26 am ... Although, if you're not fussed about waiting for the documentation to be complete, I expect I can send you a link to a beta build a little earlier, if you'd like.
I would also be interested in that :tu:
The inner workings of vurts mind are a force to be reckoned with.
music is a need in my life...yes I could survive without it but tbh I dont know how
myfeebleeffort
https://paulroach2.bandcamp.com/
https://hearthis.at/83hdtrvm/

jethrobull wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 8:31 am I would also be interested in that :tu:
Sure thing!

Me, too. Thanks in advance, Colin :love:

Just in case, I own a M1/Big Sur Macbook from short while, still I've got a message when laughing strings that stipulate there's an unstability induced by the plugin before quitting, I just hope it will be fixed ASAP

If I'm understanding what you're saying, I do believe I've fixed something that could cause that.

And @Gosh: of course!

colin@loomer wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 8:26 am ... Although, if you're not fussed about waiting for the documentation to be complete, I expect I can send you a link to a beta build a little earlier, if you'd like.
Can I get in on that as well, please?

masterhiggins wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 12:20 pm Can I get in on that as well, please?
Absolutely. I'll PM you all when it's ready.

As an aside, I won't keep replying to each individual request with a "yes": just assume that if you ask for the beta here, you will get access to it when it's ready.

OK, as you can tell I'm a little behind on getting this done, but I am nearly there. Chances are good for a beta release (to those who've asked) before the end of the week.

In the meantime, I'll tease you with a few screenshots. The new UI is resizeable, it loses the tabs between the effects and modulation panels, and is themed. There's a classic light theme for those who like the original, and a dark theme for late night beat-making.

:love: :hyper:
The inner workings of vurts mind are a force to be reckoned with.
music is a need in my life...yes I could survive without it but tbh I dont know how
myfeebleeffort
https://paulroach2.bandcamp.com/
https://hearthis.at/83hdtrvm/

Return to “Loomer”