(the product formerly known as) Epoch

Official support for: loomer.co.uk
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

colin@loomer wrote: I trust everyone had a good new year?
No , we're all desperate to send you some money !!!!!!

This is going to be plugin of the year.

Which year is the question though.

;)
Amazon: why not use an alternative

colin@loomer wrote:
starla* wrote: For writing I definitely need a live recording sequencer of polyphonic notes that is not quantized, and I also need it to work with expert sleepers.
The v1.0 sequencers are all fixed step, so whilst you can record polyphonic notes, the notes will be quantized. There are workarounds though, and nothing stopping you building your own unstepped polyphonic sequencer: I have a MIDI looper in lua script which basically does this.

An unquantized sequencer module - basically just a traditional piano roll, although with some nice modulation tricks - will be in v1.1 or v1.2, depending on whether this or other features get the most requests.

I trust everyone had a good new year?
Thanks. It would be cool if you could record and change steps in micro timing at some point also micro pitch shift. Maybe a piano roll is better for polyphonic, but Ive never really liked them :) If I remember right the Elektron Analog Four had a knob to change a steps start position, its just much nicer than dragging around a note imho.

Is it possible to change the step values while the sequencer is running by some kind of modulation or other sequencers like you can do with the ParamModulation within Numerology?
Are there Shift register modules with 16 steps?

jowen wrote:Is it possible to change the step values while the sequencer is running by some kind of modulation or other sequencers like you can do with the ParamModulation within Numerology?
This is certainly all possible via wiring and scripting, from everything we've been told before.

Whether it can be neatly wrapped up into a single 'module' in version 1.0 without any intervention from Colin, is a question only he can answer.

VariKusBrainZ wrote:

;)
"It's the first day of the year, your product isn't released and we have never seen it, but it will be plugin of the year" hahahahahaha KVR is brilliant.
Duh

DNF is going to get a worthy competitor, if !epoch can stretch it to one or another new years eve... ;)

I'm actually confident we'll see !Epoch pretty soon.

Whilst it would have been nice for the Christmas break and I'm back to work on Monday for a most 'interesting' few months of corporate programming fun, I'm ready for the creative break that !Epoch will bring to my free time.

This year will be fantastic.

Edit: And with respect to the mention of DNF, I'm pretty much done with gaming - I've wasted enough of my life down that rabbit hole and whilst I'll toy with a few of the big-name titles this year, I'm focusing my attention on productivity and meaningful things instead.

bungle wrote:
VariKusBrainZ wrote:

;)
"It's the first day of the year, your product isn't released and we have never seen it, but it will be plugin of the year" hahahahahaha KVR is brilliant.
We Brits have this thing called 'Sarcasm' :)
Amazon: why not use an alternative

jowen wrote:Is it possible to change the step values while the sequencer is running by some kind of modulation or other sequencers like you can do with the ParamModulation within Numerology?
Yes, you can change the steps in various ways during playback.

And yes again, there are shift register - macros, not modules - so you can easily build a 16-step one.
Architect, the modular MIDI toolkit, beta now available for macOS, Windows, and Linux.

I've already spent all my savings (twice) on other gear/software stuff. I just want it released lol. Preferably with OSC support, but it can wait :) And how the plugin will be named anyway? :)

artfwo wrote:And how the plugin will be named anyway? :)
colin has refused to answer that question ever since. I'm still curious to see the name revealed (after all I threw in a proposal), but I'm afraid we will have to wait until release (which might possibly happen, sooner or later or any other time in a near or distant future, or a parallel universe) ;)

VariKusBrainZ wrote:
bungle wrote:
VariKusBrainZ wrote:

;)
We Brits have this thing called 'Sarcasm' :)
Yes 'We' brits like to think we understand sarcasm, but many of us fail ;)
Duh

Michael L wrote:
pinki wrote:this Feb..get ready for the anniversary!
Whoa, it's only four months away. We need to start planning the party NOW! Let's start by booking the entertainment....
Now its only one month away!
How do we plan an online anniversary party?
s a v e
y o u r
f l o w

:band:
Last edited by Michael L on Mon Jan 04, 2016 1:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
s a v e
y o u r
f l o w

:party:
s a v e
y o u r
f l o w

Return to “Loomer”