Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Two more name suggestions

Eschaton: end of the world, end of time, climax of history
Godot: a reference to Samuel Beckett's masterpiece

:wink:
바보

I guess with respect to the last one, we should add "Carlsberg", although there may be some additional legal ramifications ;)

Time is running:

jowen; Mon Oct 22, 2012 6:55 am
wrote: is it for this or the next year??

colin@loomer; Mon Oct 22, 2012 7:01 am
wrote: Aiming for a public beta this year

firepile; Tue Dec 29, 2015 7:01 am
wrote:
Will it happen this year, or is 2016 the year?

colin@loomer; Wed Dec 30, 2015 4:14 am
wrote:
Hope everyone has a great New Year

think 2019 or 2020 is realistic

koalaboy wrote: I'll be in bed. I'll be woken by the warzone-style fireworks that tell me it's midnight, but for me the new year is the time to start afresh - not hungover and tired the next morning.
me too - I much prefer a quiet New Year's - a good time for contemplation.

perhaps this has all been a ruse .... tell everyone you're very busy coding some great musical tool .... so when anyone asks about updates to existing products you can just say 'sure, once i finish this'

this is a typical strategy in an office environment : )

wow, this is the only thread that i've followed for years... odd thing is i don't actually click on the link expecting to see that it's released. at this point i just click the link out of habit... :help:

Does it have a polyphonic sequencer? Can you record into it live with and without any quantization?

does it exist ?

UncleAge wrote:wow, this is the only thread that i've followed for years... odd thing is i don't actually click on the link expecting to see that it's released.:
I think youre the only one that has sussed this thread :wink:
Amazon: why not use an alternative

starla* wrote:Does it have a polyphonic sequencer? Can you record into it live with and without any quantization?
I don't know the answer to that, but it sounds like you're looking for a DAW. This is more of a modular step sequencer. I'm guessing that live unquantized performance capture isn't really an emphasis here.
Incomplete list of my gear: 1/8" audio input jack.

I already own bitwig, just wondering if I will need a daw in the writing process at all. Im looking for something more like cirklon.

starla* wrote:I already own bitwig, just wondering if I will need a daw in the writing process at all. Im looking for something more like cirklon.
maybe not in the writing, if you're really into your sequencers (as i am(... but certainly in the arranging (and more), you'll be wanting a DAW.

Well it depends on how this program works maybe its good for arranging too. I guess everyone works different I prefer to keep it minimal. For writing I definitely need a live recording sequencer of polyphonic notes that is not quantized, and I also need it to work with expert sleepers.

Daags wrote:perhaps this has all been a ruse .... tell everyone you're very busy coding some great musical tool .... so when anyone asks about updates to existing products you can just say 'sure, once i finish this'

this is a typical strategy in an office environment : )
Nah- It's going to be like this:

Today I am happy to announce the release of... :band2: :band2: :band2: drumroll...

ASPECT 4!!! I HAD YOU ALL FOOLED!! :shock: :shock: :hail: :hail:

Happy New Year, Colin- good luck with the release. :party: :hug:
...If you have to fix it with a computer: quantized, pitch corrected, and overly inspected, then you can't do it, and I can't get behind that!
-Henry Rollins; I Can't Get Behind That-from William Shatner's, "Has Been"

starla* wrote: For writing I definitely need a live recording sequencer of polyphonic notes that is not quantized, and I also need it to work with expert sleepers.
The v1.0 sequencers are all fixed step, so whilst you can record polyphonic notes, the notes will be quantized. There are workarounds though, and nothing stopping you building your own unstepped polyphonic sequencer: I have a MIDI looper in lua script which basically does this.

An unquantized sequencer module - basically just a traditional piano roll, although with some nice modulation tricks - will be in v1.1 or v1.2, depending on whether this or other features get the most requests.

I trust everyone had a good new year?
Architect, the modular MIDI toolkit, beta now available for macOS, Windows, and Linux.

Return to “Loomer”