Cumulus CM

Official support for: loomer.co.uk
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I love Cumulus and use it constantly. I usually record drones or soundscapes on my modular and then use Cumulus to transform them into crazy rhythmic loops. I've done the same thing with vocal samples and it's just amazing at chopping up vocals to make new instruments.

I've always been surprised that there is no commercial version of the product, but I'm happy to read on this forum that it's getting enough love to deserve an upgrade/expansion.

It's an invaluable tool in my studio. :tu:

Thanks RichieWitch; that's good to hear!
Architect, the modular MIDI toolkit, beta now available for macOS, Windows, and Linux.

I would love to get my hands on the newest version. I'm using CumulusCM since the day of release.

Thank you!

Of course, Jeeez: please check your PM.
Architect, the modular MIDI toolkit, beta now available for macOS, Windows, and Linux.

colin@loomer wrote:Of course, Jeeez: please check your PM.
Great! Thank you!

Hi
I am a bit lost with all this PM thing : is there any official changelog available somewhere ?
I don't know if i have the latest version (did CM ever updated their valut to latest version ?)
:)

The current public release is 1.1.3. CM are distributing this version, but I know that older vaults prior to some unspecified date have not been updated. Anyone who only has access to the older vaults and would like an update without having to buy the most recent CM, just let me know and I can provide an update installer to get you onto the latest public release.

"1.1.3"
Thank you, Colin ! I will check my version, and download the newer accordingly.
Is there any changelog (does v1.1.3 fix any bug or introduce any nbew feature) ?

1.1.3 added AAX support, had a refined transport handling system, added a few additional scene control options, and fixed various host compatibility bugs.

:love:

Hey Colin,

Don't know if you're thinking about new features for Cumulus, but would love to have the ability to automate the position of the markers on the sample screen.

I sometimes record samples with the sequencer active, but using the mouse to slowly move the note marker on the sample. This allows me to create an evolving sample that opens up or "unfolds" over time. Great way to make dynamic risers that slowly transform from short glitches to recognizable sounds or words.

If I could automate the position of those markers, I could do some really crazy stuff! :phones:

You're not the first person to ask for this, so it's something I have thought about before. The main issue is that you don't get a lot of granularity (if you'll excuse the pun) with MIDI controllers - only 128 different values - and so I'd need to intelligently map this across the required sample range. But yes, it's definitely something I'd like to add when I can come up with a suitable control scheme.

Hello Colin,

My CM vault is only showing the PC and Mac versions of Cumulus. Would you be so kind to help me obtain the Linux version?

Thanx in advance and greetings,

Yor.

Of course, Yor. Please check your private messages for details.

Hello,

I have bought rather recently a few Loomer products for Linux, which I'm integrating here and there in the music I make using Linux. For instance the 'Saturday Jam' in the signature below uses Sequent. (It's a jam, not a structured song, repititions are expected.)

I haven't heard (about) Cumulus before. Would it be possible to have the Linux version ?

Cheers.

Return to “Loomer”