Architect beta for macOS, Windows, and Linux. 0.10.5 now available

Official support for: loomer.co.uk
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I found the problem. The range has to be -1 to 1. I was using higher values. I noticed on my ES-3 that the values don't seem to clear when I change the port. I guess I have to manually set the value to 0 before changing the port.

jcgam wrote: Sat Jan 11, 2020 6:13 pm ... the values don't seem to clear when I change the port. I guess I have to manually set the value to 0 before changing the port.
Just to clarify, by port, do you mean the "channel" option in the properties for the [CV to audio out] module?
Architect, the modular MIDI toolkit, beta now available for macOS, Windows, and Linux.

Yes that's correct

jcgam wrote: Sun Jan 12, 2020 5:41 pm Yes that's correct
Thanks; and yes, I've seen this for myself now so I'll get it fixed.
Architect, the modular MIDI toolkit, beta now available for macOS, Windows, and Linux.

A Q @colin.
Want to use Cthulhu (midi Arp) and output the generated data to another app via midi.
Created a track into the Mixer with Cthulhu as plugin.
Can play it via MIDI input object.
But is there a way to connect the output of the track (with Cthulhu) to an object (MIDI output) to send the data outside Architect?
Note that the midi app connection I want to reach shows up when creating a MIDI output object,
but found no way to send the generated data from it/connect it with the created mixer track.

I see what you mean, and currently, no, as there is no way to route the mixer MIDI outputs to any other device. I believe it'd be trivial to add though, and I've got some other MIDI/Mixer issues to look at this week, so I'll see if it is as trivial as I reckon.

Hi Colin and thank you for the follow-up!
I was able to achieve what I wanted to do using Architect as VST inside Blue Cat Audio PatchWork following Cthulhu as VST too.
Was looking for a more "direct/simpler" solution but this one works well so far.
That is what important.

Hi Colin,

If this is possible I would like to see many free midi plugins included in Architect.
Here is a list of over 100 free midi plugins available.
https://www.kvraudio.com/plugins/window ... t/start100

Yes each one of us can install them but you can save us a lot of time by including them in Architect.
Some of these midi plugins are just DLL and no installation is involved.
I suspect some/many developers will give you permission to use them inside Architect.
If not then perhaps for convenience to your users offer the installation file inside an Architect folder.

Just an idea to quickly get some variety from the various developers.

I don't think that's a good idea , including freeware plugins in architect , and architect can probably do everything the freeware plugins do
Let architect be what it is , smooth and fast , if you want additional plugins just download them ;
My 2 cents
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

I'm not sure about bundling them directly with Architect - those who didn't want the instruments probably wouldn't fancy downloading a big bundle of plug-ins that they won't use - but I wouldn't necessarily have a problem with a separate installer for some freeware bits.

But along those line I do have some very basic built-ins mixer modules that I was working on a while ago - bread and butter sampler, synths; simple stuff like the built-ins in early versions of Live. The idea is that by having some very simple effects and instruments, I can make entirely standalone demos, tutorials, and examples that would work out of the box without requiring any third-party plug-ins at all.

I don’t like the idea for a variety of reasons.

I think if you went through that list and crossed off stuff that Architect already does, or stuff that’s irrelevant like MIDI routers or loggers, it’d be much smaller.

If you run the search for the Macintosh platform, you’re down to 35 plugins, and there’s no way to tell which of these are 64-bit or Catalina-compliant. So cross-platform availability is an issue. (7 support Linux!)

I also think Colin would end up supporting the plugs, or at least waste considerable time clarifying the (non) relationship of these plugs to Architect.

I could go on...
Tranzistow Tutorials: http://vze26m98.net/tranzistow/
Xenakis in America: http://oneblockavenue.net

ˆˆ
This!

Thanks guys. As always, I appreciate the feedback on these matters!

Looking forward to Architect version with factory presets, that will cause me to pull out my wallet! Also - any plans for updating Aspect anytime?

Winstontaneous wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 8:49 pm Any plans for updating Aspect anytime?
Yup. Getting updates for the other product lines has been my weekend project for the past few months. I'm still a way away from getting them release ready, but hopefully not too far away.

Return to “Loomer”