Feature Requests for Architect. Love Midi! Love Architect!!

Official support for: loomer.co.uk
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Well I don't want to ask too much, since some things that from the view of an enduser like me seem like a small feature but they require a ton of work from the programmers. I am guessing that there is still a load of tasks with a higher priority, that I dont want to distract from

colin@loomer wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 3:21 pm It's more fundamental than that, in that you can programatically create virtual MIDI input or output devices on macOS and Linux, but I've never sussed how to do this on Windows. Although... one of those pages to which you've linked suggest that it is possible. Needs further investigation by me, I think.
On Windows, I use loopMIDI for creating virtual MIDI ports: https://www.tobias-erichsen.de/software/loopmidi.html

I use this for routing TidalCycles to my DAWs.

Thank you! That is interesting, and I'm pleased to be proven wrong, in that it looks possible to create ad-hoc MIDI devices on Windows then. I'll try it for myself, then.
Architect, the modular MIDI toolkit, beta now available for macOS, Windows, and Linux.

fairlyclose wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 12:45 pm also https://www.nerds.de/en/loopbe1.html
Thanks for the link.
Architect, the modular MIDI toolkit, beta now available for macOS, Windows, and Linux.

Feature Request: Detachable Units

As things get more in-depth, managing and switching through the different units of architect becomes more chaotic. It would be of much help, If there was the option to detach these units from the main application. That way I could display lets say the mixer area on a separate workspace while I have also two separate windows, displaying different internal parts of 2 macros.

Especially useful on the panel when Architect wants to become the central organizing system of an audio setup.
The more GUI elements there are, the more difficult it gets to intuitively operate.

prinznika wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 1:31 am Feature Request: Detachable Units
Sure! Allowing more than 2 simultaneous windows, and better navigation to quickly specify the content of said windows, are two things that a sizeable amount of people have already asked for. I believe this will also encompass what wanting.

colin@loomer wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 8:17 am ... a sizeable amount of people have already asked for. I believe this will also encompass what wanting.
Great news, it was probably mentioned in the main release topic but as this one has already a lot of posts im not following completely since that discussion had been going on much before found out about the program.
But I am guessing that it is still a good practice to post it in the feature request thread. Like when you write down something in a note book. Doesnt mean that it is written in stone but at least it stands somewhere where youll find it ^^

That's great, thanks. The majority of requests come via email anyway, so I really don't expect people to have to hunt through the forums to see if a request has already been made. It takes only a few seconds for me to acknowledge the (re)request and to perhaps paste a few notes into my own internal issue tracker, so the more requests the merrier, as far as I am concerned.

colin@loomer wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 1:47 pm so the more requests the merrier, as far as I am concerned.
Hehe, I'm gonna get creative now with my feature requests!

prinznika wrote: Sat Oct 19, 2019 11:11 am
colin@loomer wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 1:47 pm so the more requests the merrier, as far as I am concerned.
Hehe, I'm gonna get creative now with my feature requests!
But please post here rather than email to colin.

Either a console version or one that is a library only. Also cross compilation for ARM.

gminorcoles wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 5:11 pmAlso cross compilation for ARM.
That keeps coming up. Lots of ARM users about, I guess. I'm currently updating my toolchain for automatic builds, etc, and I'll see how much work adding an ARM build would be.
Either a console version or one that is a library only.
Console as in, a service running from the terminal? The MIDI/audio part is completely separate from the UI part, so yeah, it's definitely possible, in theory.

Also this may sound weird but it would also be cool to be able to edit the gui on one host and have the compiled or are they interpreted modules run or deploy to another host. If the core and gui are separate then this could be done.

As for ARM, the new raspberry 4 is so powerful it just makes sense to try to make one into little midi sequencing box. It would be crazy.

gminorcoles wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 2:27 am As for ARM, the new raspberry 4 is so powerful it just makes sense to try to make one into little midi sequencing box. It would be crazy.
I must pick one up: I've got a number of other models, but haven't bought a PI 4 just yet.

Return to “Loomer”