New song I'd like you guys to check out (Acoustic/Orchestral)

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi team, run your ears over this one please. As usual, it'll just be up for a day or two, then I'll take it down. :tu:
It's a bit different to my usual stuff, this'll be the final track on my upcoming album... It's about my frustrations when it comes to making to music... ending on a negative note. :hihi:

https://soundcloud.com/anelectricheartm ... ue-so-long

It is quite different. I like it. Has a quirky charm to it. Can't find anything I'd change. Well done! :tu:

Loved the track! Great job :tu:

Cheers guys. I'm pretty confident about the mix, although it was a hard one to master. I tried quite a few things with the outro vocals before deciding to just repeat the "so long" bit. Cheers again.

Nice work!

It reminds me some of the Icelandic alternative rock bands.

fastlanephil wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 6:04 am Nice work!

It reminds me some of the Icelandic alternative rock bands.
Well... that's interesting. :hihi: I wasn't thinking about genre when I wrote this one, It's based around the finger picked guitar part, then I just built it up with other acoustic things I had (violin, piano, assorted strings)... everything's Kontakt instruments... I can't actually play the violin. :hihi:

albrechtmyers wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 10:33 am I like it. how much time did it take?
Aaaaaaaaages. I wrote the picked guitar part about 10 years ago, from the 0:10 mark to about the 1 minute mark (then it repeats) was an old song that had other lyrics, but I never finished it (I took the lyrics and used them in another song), but I could never get past the verse and chorus. The break-down is new, and the outro (that I also used as the intro) is new too.
I pretty much always completely finish the music, then write the lyrics as I record the vocals and just make the singing fit with the music... I rarely change the music to fit with the singing.
I think I had this song on the go for a year or so, as far as the initial creation of the session goes until completion... it sounds like a long time, but I'm always working on multiple songs at once, and only really spend about 5 hours a week on music.
This thread here from March 2019, I was talking about this song and I was trying to find something that'll work for the solo at the end (I went with violin, but considered a horn or a harpsichord).
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=522360&p=7351353#p7351353

Liked it. :tu: Liked the vocal harmonies.
Great ending 3:16 onwards especially.
Would be nice to see the lyrics.

I think this is one of your best! The acoustic instruments work very well.

The mix is very good. I would have used less reverb but that's a matter of taste.

Cheers guys... I was just about to take this one down.
After this album I'll be taking a break from music to work on some film projects, so it's kind of about that, and also just the general frustration of slogging away and just not reaching anyone and not getting anywhere. I'll never give up music, but I've been going as 'An Electric Heart' for ten years now, and still have next to no following, can't give my music away for free, and when I play live i'm lucky if two people turn up... I like making music, but I'm also conditioned to be pretty bitter towards it.
Here are the words;

I guess this is so long

A dead battery
depleting energy
a creative spark...
dimming to dark
otiose me
I'm a product unsatisfactory
I've a lesson to impart...
there's no value in art
no eyes can see...
in a pitch black gallery

I guess this is so long

Aria born
with a diminished worth
already time to mourn
at the time of birth
stop dead a redirect
my efforts from this futile project
the product this heart makes...
rewarded with regular heartbreaks
there is no guarantee
not everybody becomes a somebody

This is so long

So long

an-electric-heart wrote: Sun Jan 26, 2020 2:06 am I've been going as 'An Electric Heart' for ten years now, and still have next to no following, can't give my music away for free, and when I play live i'm lucky if two people turn up... I like making music, but I'm also conditioned to be pretty bitter towards it.
Here are the words;
Sad to hear. I think your kind of music (and mine too) which is in the Retro genre might not attract a huge following. Its not really commercial anymore. If you put your songwriting skills into making, for example, Future / Progressive House, then you'd see more of a following. I don't think its necessarily down to talent level, but genre.
And people who are serious about fanbase do a heck of a lot of work on social media to get their name out there, and their music heard. It takes a lot of tireless promotion to get a significant following.
Hope to hear some of your cinematic stuff if you choose to get into that. You definitely have talent.

Bansaw wrote: Tue Jan 28, 2020 1:43 pm
an-electric-heart wrote: Sun Jan 26, 2020 2:06 am I've been going as 'An Electric Heart' for ten years now, and still have next to no following, can't give my music away for free, and when I play live i'm lucky if two people turn up... I like making music, but I'm also conditioned to be pretty bitter towards it.
Here are the words;
Sad to hear. I think your kind of music (and mine too) which is in the Retro genre might not attract a huge following. Its not really commercial anymore. If you put your songwriting skills into making, for example, Future / Progressive House, then you'd see more of a following. I don't think its necessarily down to talent level, but genre.
And people who are serious about fanbase do a heck of a lot of work on social media to get their name out there, and their music heard. It takes a lot of tireless promotion to get a significant following.
Hope to hear some of your cinematic stuff if you choose to get into that. You definitely have talent.
I actually think the '80s revival thing is big at the moment, I see it in pop culture, and hear it in music... but I think we're at the back end of it... it's becoming kitsch all over again. :hihi:
This is the first album I'll be putting money into marketing... but not much... and not "advertising" as such, but I'll be paying someone to distribute my press package and advance album to press and radio, when in the past I've done that stuff myself.
But yeah, I'm mostly to blame. If I was actually all in, there's a lot more I could do, namely touring... if only around New Zealand.
And funny you should mention a change of genre, I've already planned that (It might even be time to start from scratch with a fresh name) in the future, I am planning to go a lot more electronic. I'll be dropping guitars all together.
"An Electric Heart" started as a band (if you listen to the oldest stuff, it's pretty much rock music). I sang and played keys, and I had a drummer, and a guitarist. But as they left I just started replacing them with backing tracks, and I became more electronic.

an-electric-heart wrote: Tue Jan 28, 2020 6:40 pm And funny you should mention a change of genre, I've already planned that (It might even be time to start from scratch with a fresh name) in the future, I am planning to go a lot more electronic. I'll be dropping guitars all together.
If you're looking to earn some money from it, there is a study and what music people are finding most popular at the moment. Thats why I mentioned House (Future).
https://cdn.1001.tl/pressmedia/1001tl_p ... c_2019.pdf
(page 3).
Its all this social media stuff I'm not keen on. Chasing likes, views and followers. I just am doing music for enjoyment. I sell expansion packs for Avenger which has helped me buy the plugins I want.
Speaking of which, if you do want to get into House, or a more modern genre, I'd recommend VPS Avenger. They sell expansion packs that contain Sequences that are pretty much the drums, bass, chord bed, fx and examining them gives you a very good insight into that genre. They can be inspirational often too. In the expansion packs you have the drumkits for that genre, and pretty much the sounds you need to produce a very decent track.

Return to “Music Cafe”