(Retrowave Citypop) Breaking The Night - Halil Sunar

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Last edited by woundedrider on Sat Jan 18, 2020 5:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Vocals could probably come up a db or two. Otherwise, mix sounds fine. Well done, if not a bit long for the genre. Welcome to the forum.

thank you! im glad you like the song.
for db level, i tried to imitate the 80s sound in general. the vocals back then were not sharp as todays songs but again thank you for the advice

woundedrider wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 9:01 pm thank you! im glad you like the song.
for db level, i tried to imitate the 80s sound in general. the vocals back then were not sharp as todays songs but again thank you for the advice
Yeah, I get that (into 80s as well) but I think they were a little bit more up front than that.

Nice job! Even got the sax solo in there. I wonder what you are using? Are you using an arranger keyboard for the backing? And do you have any other tracks in another language? I’m always into foreign music.
Many paid and free VSTs as well as Kontakt libraries. As well as HW synths/drum machine and acoustic instruments.

Music Bird wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 12:01 am Nice job! Even got the sax solo in there. I wonder what you are using? Are you using an arranger keyboard for the backing? And do you have any other tracks in another language? I’m always into foreign music.
thank you. i used a midi keyboard for the job. i also have Turkish songs but for now, i’ll release English ones. i’m planning a new recording asap

wagtunes wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 9:19 pm
woundedrider wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 9:01 pm thank you! im glad you like the song.
Yeah, I get that (into 80s as well) but I think they were a little bit more up front than that.
i’ll consider this for the next release 👍🏻

Really like it.
But would agree with the comment re: vocals volume especially in the first half of the song.
Mixing needs to be better, but overall really liked it.
Looking forward to hearing more from you. :tu:

Bansaw wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 7:47 pm Really like it.
But would agree with the comment re: vocals volume especially in the first half of the song.
Mixing needs to be better, but overall really liked it.
Looking forward to hearing more from you. :tu:
thank you very much :) vocals will be a little bit higher next time.
have a nice day!

Return to “Music Cafe”