Purple Brain (Psytrance)

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

This is the track I've been working on (amongst others) since September. At one point it consisted of 171 tracks but I was able to consolidate down to 150 in the end to assist with mixing.

https://soundcloud.com/mushy-mushy/purple-brain

Synths used:
- Roland SH101
- Roland SH01A
- Roland TR09
- Nord Lead 2x
- Virus C
- Serum
- Sylenth1
- Massive
- Massive X
- Spectral
- Albino3
- Predator
- Alchemy
- TAL Bassline 101
- Thorn
- Pigments 2
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

Psytrance isn’t normally my thing, but I like this - lots of variation and movement that keeps it interesting, and in general I like the vibe. Mix is pretty good and you’ve retained space in the mix without cluttering it. Surprised that you managed to use 150 tracks.
Last edited by Forgotten on Sun Jan 12, 2020 7:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

im sorry, sounds nothing like prince :shrug:
try harder!

(will listen later)

Forgotten wrote: Sun Jan 12, 2020 4:45 pm Psytrance isntnnormally my thing, but I like this - lots of variation and movement that keeps it interesting, and in general I like the vibe. Mix is pretty good and you’ve retained space in the mix without cluttering it. Surprised that you managed to use 150 tracks.
Thanks man. There are loads of little sounds in there that all provide the general ambience, half of which you probably can't specifically identify. There are several times where I have 10 or so sounds "talking" to each other so the track count adds up quite fast.

The track count wasn't the issue with mixing; it was the automation which was a right b!tch.
Last edited by Mushy Mushy on Sun Jan 12, 2020 4:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.

vurt wrote: Sun Jan 12, 2020 4:50 pm im sorry, sounds nothing like prince :shrug:
try harder!

(will listen later)
:tu:

Awesome, you got the reference. It was initially called Baking in the Purple Rain but felt that was too long and convoluted.

if you were to add a disclaimer that 'no filters were harmed during the making of this track' ,
you would be a liar ...
meticulous , as i'd expect , coming from you ...

:tu:

experimental.crow wrote: Sun Jan 12, 2020 5:58 pm if you were to add a disclaimer that 'no filters were harmed during the making of this track' ,
you would be a liar ...
:lol:
experimental.crow wrote: Sun Jan 12, 2020 5:58 pm meticulous , as i'd expect , coming from you ...
:hyper:

Thanks man :tu:

sounds good to my ears :)
perhaps someone more at home in the genre wpuld have issues? i dunno. but from vague memories of eat static gigs when they were still part of the ozrics, id have been throwing shapes to this
:big box little box left fish right fish big box little box hands in the air: rpt ad infinitum. 8)

and of course i got your cryptic prince reference.
huge fan :D

vurt wrote: Sun Jan 12, 2020 7:49 pm sounds good to my ears :)
perhaps someone more at home in the genre wpuld have issues? i dunno. but from vague memories of eat static gigs when they were still part of the ozrics, id have been throwing shapes to this
:big box little box left fish right fish big box little box hands in the air: rpt ad infinitum. 8)

and of course i got your cryptic prince reference.
huge fan :D
Thanks man! :tu:

150 tracks? Really? How? Why? Where?

I can do it in 20 or less. Ha ha ha. Just kidding.

Cool track.

Dope track, impressed!

Possible to download?
High Quality Soundsets for Lush-101 | Hive | Electra 2 | Diversion | Halion | Largo | Rapid | Dune II | Thorn | and more.

TTU Youtube

thejonsolo wrote: Sun Jan 12, 2020 11:46 pm 150 tracks? Really? How? Why? Where?

I can do it in 20 or less. Ha ha ha. Just kidding.

Cool track.
Some tracks are MIDI triggers for things like Stutter Edit/iWish, etc. while others are single sounds that are only used once throughout the track so it soon adds up. It would be easy to consolidate further by adding such sounds to a multitimbral sampler but even then I'd still need to mix them down so :shrug:

Touch The Universe wrote: Sun Jan 12, 2020 11:53 pm Dope track, impressed!

Possible to download?
Thanks man :tu:

I just checked on Soundcloud and I don't think I have the required account (despite me having Premium :shrug:) Try this instead:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/vefo6fyhczkhk ... n.mp3?dl=0

How in God's name do you create 150 tracks without frying your CPU? Sometimes I hit 30 before I have to start freezing things.

Anyway, sounds great.

Thanks. The chopped vocal reminds me of infected mushroom blues brothers a bit, but done better.

Cheers
High Quality Soundsets for Lush-101 | Hive | Electra 2 | Diversion | Halion | Largo | Rapid | Dune II | Thorn | and more.

TTU Youtube

Return to “Music Cafe”