Giorgio Moroder's "I Feel Love" on the Baloran The River synthesizer

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Giorgio Moroder & Donna Summer's "I Feel Love" featuring the sounds of the Baloran The River synthesizer:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BSbufTDSt6I

That is a super accurate recreation -- both the synths and vocals. Great job! :tu:

Good job! There's a version on Youtube (from VH1) that has a prominent guitar part which I like.
Anyway, yours was great ...

Frantz wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 3:20 am That is a super accurate recreation -- both the synths and vocals. Great job! :tu:
Thanks!

Bansaw wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 12:06 am Good job! There's a version on Youtube (from VH1) that has a prominent guitar part which I like.
Anyway, yours was great ...
Thank you! I will have to check out that other version.

Enjoyed the video..nice work!

htcnext2 wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 7:10 pm Enjoyed the video..nice work!
Thanks!

Good job on this cover.

Wasn’t this the first synth based pop hit.

Very nice cover! Really enjoyed it.
fastlanephil wrote: Tue Jan 14, 2020 5:29 am Wasn’t this the first synth based pop hit.
Gotta go a bit further back for that distinction, and it depends on what countries you're looking at, and how you define a "synth".

The Monkees used the Moog on their 1967 album, which hit #1 in the U.S.

The Tornados' "Telstar" used either a Clavioline or Univox, in 1962. That hit #1 in several countries.

Del Shannon's "Runaway" has a solo by Max Crook on a heavily modified Clavioline he called the "Musitron". That charted to #1 in several countries in 1961.

Vera Lynn's "We'll Meet Again" features a Hammond Novachord in 1939. This predates the charts but it was a very popular song in Britain at the time, especially due to the war.

Superb*
Propellerhead Reason 12 and FL Studio 20

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCsW3Wr ... gA05XklBng

yellowmix wrote: Tue Jan 14, 2020 7:23 am Very nice cover! Really enjoyed it.
fastlanephil wrote: Tue Jan 14, 2020 5:29 am Wasn’t this the first synth based pop hit.
Gotta go a bit further back for that distinction, and it depends on what countries you're looking at, and how you define a "synth".

The Monkees used the Moog on their 1967 album, which hit #1 in the U.S.

The Tornados' "Telstar" used either a Clavioline or Univox, in 1962. That hit #1 in several countries.

Del Shannon's "Runaway" has a solo by Max Crook on a heavily modified Clavioline he called the "Musitron". That charted to #1 in several countries in 1961.

Vera Lynn's "We'll Meet Again" features a Hammond Novachord in 1939. This predates the charts but it was a very popular song in Britain at the time, especially due to the war.
But those just include a synth in the recording. I Feel Love was completely created with synths except for the the Donna Summer vocal, like Kraftwerk.

"Synth based pop hit" is overly broad. With your new parameters, you want Dick Hyman's "The Minotaur". That was an overdubbed Moog with a Maestro Rhythm drum machine. #38 U.S. Top 40, 1969.

fastlanephil wrote: Tue Jan 14, 2020 5:29 am Good job on this cover.

Wasn’t this the first synth based pop hit.
Thanks! The first, or definitely one of the first. Giorgio is known as the father of Disco. :tu:

mimpulsez wrote: Tue Jan 14, 2020 2:59 pmSuperb*
Thank you!
yellowmix wrote: Tue Jan 14, 2020 7:23 am Very nice cover! Really enjoyed it.
Thanks!

Return to “Music Cafe”