Café Solo- Jon Solo

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Just wanted to post some of my "variety". Here is a funky little number I did not that long ago, heh.

This track is part of a much bigger picture album (City Sounds) so the "slow" intro you hear is related to how the tracks transition in listening to the long play version on the album. The actual music begins about 52 seconds in (still the intro is sound designed for those interested).

Hope you enjoy.

https://soundcloud.com/jonsolo/cafe-solo

A footnote on some of what I used here: GGAudio's Blue3 is that fantastic funky organ sound you hear. Orange Tree Samples Passion Flute is the lead instrument.

Full of intrigue as it started to build. Became something I'd never have guessed it would. Enjoyed the little glitches in the percussion intro, but not so much in the main break, where I felt it detracted from the groove. But overall, a really enjoyable track :tu:

Agree with el-bo. Not what I expected. Very well done. Of course I knew it would be whatever it was.

Very groovy composition. The bass line is not that punchy (from compressor with long attack), but it still is very rhythmically well performed and makes the track stand out. The flute line sounds very, too real, realistic and amazing. The mix is done quite well. Some elements did not withstand the quality sound check from (all the) re-encoding.. The drums are maybe the weakest part. Very good, funky music.

This was quite nice! The cafe sounds to music worked well. An interesting concept for an album.
I liked those flute sounds.

Loved the flutes, the vibe. Nice vocal chops @5:13 etc.
V.good mixing.
(I've been to Charleston, SC many times, nice place to visit. : ) )

fastlanephil wrote: Mon Jan 06, 2020 10:43 pm This was quite nice! The cafe sounds to music worked well. An interesting concept for an album.
I liked those flute sounds.
Thanks. The actual concept is being in the city. The general movement above and below ground. It is uploaded in whole on SoundCloud if you are interested.

If you want the CliffsNotes version:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fWKxitKGkLE

Very nice. I loved the way that the melodies in the early part of the track managed to avoid my expectation in a very pleasing and entertaining manner, and the rhythm section was particularly groovy, particularly when the guitar joined in.

Good work :)

thejonsolo,
Thank you for the review! Now your song: the first synth is quite in contrast to the intro sound/crowd noise. Now the flute and other sounds make it sound less ominous, and now more filled with intrigue. I didn't anticipate the spacey synth. Now it's getting more funky. I could picture this in an "Ocean's 11" sort of movie; pretty cool, I really like it! Very good audio quality. It got me moving. Good job! :)
You can hear my original music at this link: https://www.soundclick.com/artist/defau ... dID=224436

Return to “Music Cafe”