Hoom Egg Ayn (highly experimental)

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Seriously, since the running challenge it has been some 10 years or so since I last created experimental stuff. Been doing my passion of olden in the past 6 years (DJ'ing house music for funs)

The challenge brought stuff alive again.
Expect some weird noodlery on teh spot, grabbing three recordings from long ago (including some spoken word as a thank you I guess) running in Ableton with two pigments accompanying. I'm liking it and will be doing more I guess.

https://soundcloud.com/mystahr/hoom-egg-ayn
Last edited by mystahr on Tue Dec 31, 2019 9:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Oh, and happy moo year ofcourse

Highly experimental indeed. Nice mix there. Not the usual stuff I listen to but not uninteresting. Well done.

You know that this instantly reminds me of?

Half life 2, City 17.

Im exposed, uncomfortable and anxious.

A successful and unpredictable track if that's what you were going for. As long as it isn't intended to be a lullaby....

Lewis

wagtunes wrote: Tue Dec 31, 2019 9:56 pm Highly experimental indeed. Nice mix there. Not the usual stuff I listen to but not uninteresting. Well done.
Thank you kindly sir.

Moonracer wrote: Wed Jan 01, 2020 10:09 am You know that this instantly reminds me of?
Half life 2, City 17.
Sorry no ring no bells.
But happy to hear it triggers a certain feel.
Im exposed, uncomfortable and anxious.

A successful and unpredictable track if that's what you were going for. As long as it isn't intended to be a lullaby....
Unpredictable used to be my forte. Some 10+ years ago I ended with a load of hardware and found that noise, feedback, electronic hums were extremely comforting for me and I loved to do hour long improvisations in that vain.
In that sense for me this could be intended as a lullaby, but it's not.

Like you I'm trying to get back into writing/creating sound/music again after a 7 year period of dabbling as a used-to-be-pro-house-DJ (and before that a 7 year period of beforementioned electronics).
I guess I am now trying to find a fuse between the two.

mjark !..
good to hear from you again !..

Return to “Music Cafe”