Hello! Moonracer - Drift

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hey all

I don't think there is an "introduce yourself" thread so I thought id say hello here!

I originally learnt most of my production techniques from the IDM forums, but it doesn't seem to exist anymore :( . Ive been writing for a fair few years now, but stopped last year. I seemed to of lost the spark, and hope to rekindle it by joining a forum and slowly start producing again etc.

Anyway, I wrote this track with a kind of space thing in mind I guess. I use Logic Pro (Im forever trapped in the expensive world of Apple). All the synths are VSTs. I use a microphone to record various percussive sounds and like the guitar etc.

I hope you enjoy, and look forward to checking out and commenting on other peoples work!

https://soundcloud.com/moonracer-1/drift-master

Hey, I like it! Nice little sounds in the intro giving a live feeling. I find the rhythm is smooth and catchy.
I am just curious: How many unfinished songs did you write ?

Nice soundscape. I like it. The mix is clean. It's interesting, if a little minimalist. Doesn't even seem like it's 5 minutes long. All in all, well done. Don't ever lose that spark. Music makes the world go round.

this gets a thumbs up from where im sitting

Impressively good. :tu:

Atmosphere, melody and subtly rhythm. What more could a boy want.

:-)

Hey guys, thanks for taking the time to listen! I appreciate that.
HerrFornit wrote: Mon Dec 30, 2019 10:12 pm Hey, I like it! Nice little sounds in the intro giving a live feeling. I find the rhythm is smooth and catchy.
I am just curious: How many unfinished songs did you write ?
Unfinished songs/ideas in total? Maybe about 100. Many of the unfinished ideas are discovered whilst in the process of making a track. If I stumble across a nice idea, I save it as a separate WAV or DAW project (depending how elaborate the idea is). Then I move onto it later and try build from there as a seperate track!

Thanks

Lewis

Moonracer wrote: Mon Dec 30, 2019 7:27 pm Hey all

I don't think there is an "introduce yourself" thread so I thought id say hello here!

I originally learnt most of my production techniques from the IDM forums, but it doesn't seem to exist anymore :( . Ive been writing for a fair few years now, but stopped last year. I seemed to of lost the spark, and hope to rekindle it by joining a forum and slowly start producing again etc.
Hi there Lewis, quite the cool introduction tune.
Cool spacey flow, well mixed and proper build. The ending feels a bit abrupt though; as if 'heck I don't know where to put the dot, so let's fade'
Then again, as you mention joining kvr hopefully get's the spark into a bigger fire.
I quite enjoyed this and hope to hear more!

Return to “Music Cafe”