donkeyt-state of nature-indie shoegaze house?

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I seriously loved the excessive sidechain...interesting, effective contrast with the acoustic sections!

I might've limited it's use a bit more in the song and pulled it back very slightly, but it definitely works for me...love the energy!
Mark Taylor, Chameleon Music - Professional composition and sound design for all media since 1994.

https://www.chameleonmusic.co.uk/

donkey tugger wrote: Mon Dec 30, 2019 3:41 pm
el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote: Mon Dec 30, 2019 1:00 pm

You say you use two compressors. One at each end? :scared:
I'll be off to the quoted out of context thread with the above in a minute... :hihi:
Except that ( :scared: ) is just there to acknowledge the double entendre-dness, and therefore is totally IN context :)

donkey tugger wrote: Mon Dec 30, 2019 3:41 pmYes, a fast one to stamp on the peaks, and then a slower one straight after to gently glue stuff. It's a real actual thing, not some shite I made up when pissed....

https://www.sweetwater.com/insync/how-t ... on-vocals/
But are they first and second in the chain? I was thinking to top-and-tail the whole chain, thus keeping the delay, reverb etc contained.

donkey tugger wrote: Mon Dec 30, 2019 3:42 pm Hehe, forgot you'd done that too. Ripped you off! :hihi:
I suggest we let our lawyers handle all communication from here on out.

sjm wrote: Mon Dec 30, 2019 6:56 pm
donkey tugger wrote: Mon Dec 30, 2019 3:42 pm Hehe, forgot you'd done that too. Ripped you off! :hihi:
I suggest we let our lawyers handle all communication from here on out.
i can advocate for whichever of you can get the best chronic :)

thought the intro was gonna go into "ready to gooooooooooo" :hihi:

sounds to me like two mixes, guitarry stuff and electronic stuff, they dont blend together very well as a complete mix

needs more verb on vox, and i think its a bit tame, would sound better if you let rip more, especially second half

theres a certain bass note in the riff that really clips/distorts

kick drum could do with tightening up

imo :wink:

I'm not a fan of side chaining to begin with and in this case it seems unnecessary. Usually side chaining is done to reserve space for a massive kick but here the kick is low in the mix so why bother?

I am having trouble listening to the song since I find the production distracting. Hopefully, you will resume normal DT services soon. :help:

[I really dig the sidechaining, and the tune as a whole.]

Thanks for the comments everyone. As I said, it was a bit of an experiment, and as I can see- it's a bit divisive as to whether it actually works. Not entirely sure what side of the line I'm on myself.... :hihi:

I'll do another mix looking at some of the suggested stuff and comments later and post it, but for now, first day back to work after over a week off.. :x :cry:

Nope, definately not your natural state, but somehow still captivating.
Great hearing you again!

Jesus :scared: :x

Last edited by codec_spurt on Fri Feb 28, 2020 5:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

donkey tugger wrote: Tue Dec 31, 2019 8:55 am I'll do another mix looking at some of the suggested stuff and comments later and post it, but for now, first day back to work after over a week off.. :x :cry:
Ouch :(

Return to “Music Cafe”