Trance debut (concept)album Planethippies finished

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi all!

I wish y'all happy days! Please be aware that Planethippies is not ment as a festival/dance/club album. Feedback is explicitly welcome. The last song Shunned Planet is ment as ONE song, just split cos of upload limitations.

Description: Planethippies is a concept album in the style of the 70s. Musical rules, style of playing and sounds of the progressive and psychedelic rock era merge with classical trance of the 90s. The sound is dull, dusty and rough, but also hypnotic, airy and technoid.

Album: Planethippies
Artist: Cajhmere
Tracks: 10
Pricing: free forever, cos it's my debut

Favourite synths used : Synth1, Redtron, Deputy Mark II
Favourite effects used: NastyDLA, Rough Rider, Bark of dog, Dust Bucket

Hava nice time!

https://cajhmere.bandcamp.com/album/planethippies

Enjoyed listening - interesting combination of old and not quite so old musical ideas / sounds.

Minor points for thinking about next time, maybe?
The sounds used are quite 'samey' on many of the tracks...as a listener I would've preferred a bit more variety.

Soundstage was a bit 'flat' at times from front to back...good from left to right, but a little bit more contrast needed in the other direction on some tracks?

Good job though - whole album did hold together!
Mark Taylor, Chameleon Music - Professional composition and sound design for all media since 1994.

https://www.chameleonmusic.co.uk/

Sucha cool feedback, thank you!
Enjoyed listening - interesting combination of old and not quite so old musical ideas / sounds.
That was the goal, so it's nice to read it. ;)
Minor points for thinking about next time, maybe?
The sounds used are quite 'samey' on many of the tracks...as a listener I would've preferred a bit more variety.
Well, yu are right. It's the very 1st songs I ever made, more important - finished them. The whole album is "thought" as a band. Means, I really created virtual musicians in my mind. Should not be an excuse, just make things a bit more transparent. I'll keep'n eye on it in the future.
Soundstage
is the next step on my *what to learn" list, together with *sing send*. The whole album is done just using inserts, cos I was not aware about send beginning the album, and when I heard abot it, I made the decision to finish the album with this *mistake* if u wanna call it so.
Good job though - whole album did hold together!
Well, reading, this of course, is a great motivation to go on. Thank you!

Return to “Music Cafe”