Karolina Linowska - Bez (pop, using a bunch of Karoryfer Samples libraries)

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bsw6H4Jr4SI

Written by the singer before we met, uses a bunch of Karoryfer Samples libraries - it actually gave me the idea for creating Frankensnare, also features Swirly Drums, Big Rusty Drums, String Cyborgs, Shinyguitar and Pastabass. Sorta indie-ish, R&B-ish pop.

Not really my cup of tea, but I would say both the video clip and the song are very well made and sound very professional.

Best,
Adi/Thedeadsoul

Thanks! I wasn't involved in the video, but it sure does look great. I did put about 60 hours into the track, spread out over 2 1/2 years, so the sound was a slow evolution, changing a bit here and there, especially based on how the song came off live.

2 1/2 years to do one song? Not with a gun pointed to my head. Really, just pull the trigger and kill me now. I am in awe of your patience, dedication and work ethic. It's just not for me.

As for the song, I agree with the above. Sounds very professional.

Well, often nothing at all would happen for several months, it really wasn't until a charity concert she sang at last year when people told her this was the best song that we really decided to polish it up and turn it into something that could be released. But those pad swells, plucks, trombones and 808s have been there since January 2017. It's not an optimal process for working on songs, but sometimes it works out.

Hey,

the arrangement is well done - transparent and the mix is also good - one can hear that lots of work is in it.
:tu:
Symphony Nr.1
Meet the Cities Repair Team Unimportant laughter
music has become meaningless...we just keep doing it

Cool video.. what is the language? Polish?
🌐 Spotify 🔵 Soundcloud 🌀 Soundclick

Gear & Setup: Windows 10, Dual Xeon, 32GB RAM, Cubase 10.5/9.5, NI Komplete Audio 6, NI Maschine, NI Jam, NI Kontakt

That’s a beautiful song,nice production and your samples sound great! :tu:
2012 Mac Pro,3.46 Ghz,12 core 96g ,Mojave,RME, DP11.01, Logic 10.51,RME UCX, Great River ME-1NV, a few microphones,Spectrasonics, U-he Komplete12U & way too many VI's,Synths & FX galore!, UAD,Mimic Pro/SD3,Focal Twin 6 monitors, Shunyata ....

Thanks again. The language is Polish, and the mix is surprisingly simple. I think all the drums except for the kick and one track of cymbals with a volume LFO all get dumped into one mixer track - darbouka, snare and all. Maybe only 20 mixer channels used in the whole thing at most. I did put a lot of time into shortening notes and removing notes to make room for other stuff, though, so there's not much need to do aggressive mixing to keep sounds from clashing. Like a lot of guys with classical backgrounds say - solve orchestration problems by orchestrating, don't try to solve orchestration problems by mixing.

Return to “Music Cafe”