Chemeleon's "My Imaginary Friend" - building on 2 decades of experience constructing songs

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

After a listen...

Yep still out there. It is a unique work.

Compared to something like that Mike Batt I mentioned before, it is a bit "undisciplined" so it can come off as scatty, messy, or just plain ugly if you are expecting the usual formulas but at the same time, that is something that makes the record unique as it really is a window into the composer and his state of mind.

I am not sure if I like, like it (he says whilst sampling a Children of Bodom concert) but it is a record I am pleased I took the time to listen to.

:-)

Bump! I went away for a while, but I'm back here today. Thanks for the surprisingly in depth feedback everyone. I'm not sure how / if I can address the common issues that get in the way - a lot of it stems, I think, for 2 decades of bad habits in terms of mixing / mastering plus a lack of immediate guidance. (but also the lack of native sidechaining support in Renoise, along with my equipment, which isn't audiophile grade, but has a sub at least..).

That aside, it sure is interesting to hear people's reactions and thoughts. A lot of how I judge the finished product myself depends largely on the context I'm listening in, I don't always enjoy it in an empathetic sense. I'm sure when composing I also just put up with a lot of issues that impede maximal enjoyment / impact for most listeners. I could work on songs forever, I'm never quite happy, I usually just give up eventually and accept their flaws. Also, progression in terms of mixing / mastering isn't always positive, sometimes after a couple more revisions I decide I really like the sound of a previous one which sets me back.

I don't know what else to say, though I will apologise for divulging so much intimate detail about my life in the first post.. I guess it helps contextualise the material more accurately, but it's probably a bit tmi. You guys have a lot of respect from me anyway, in terms of your criticism : fair, considerate, honest with me, and sometimes yourselves lol :) cheers all for the support and the time you took to listen.
Now _Polartimecast, archive remains here :
https://soundcloud.com/chemeleon

never apologise for being you 8)

I listened to some of your pieces. For me it was strangely creative although very dark and confusing in mood. Interesting to analyze and think about but not what I would call an easy listen but I’m sure that is not your intent. I hope you find some comfort in your music creation.

My daughter’s mother suffered from schizophrenia along with severe alcohol and prescription drug abuse. My daughter has two cousins on her mother’s side that are taking medication for the disease. One of them has recently taken an interest in creating electronic music and has a modest DAW setup.

Nice music. I actually didn’t mind all the chaos in it, I thought the music kind of reminded me of some kind of psychedelic brostep circus polka clown music.
Many paid and free VSTs as well as Kontakt libraries. As well as HW synths/drum machine and acoustic instruments.

Return to “Music Cafe”