Fragile Gods - "This Blue World"

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Bansaw wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 9:55 pm There's a lot to like about this.
The chorus is really good, very nice bridge, and a top class acapella ending.
Nice to hear some major chords in there too! Aika very good as usual.
Lyrics, mix & arrangement great.
Things I didn't like so much: the verse melody I wasn't too keen on. The last line of the verse saved it ramping into the chorus.
Katie J, I think sounds more like a Country singer. She was pretty good, but would have liked to have more of an edgy vocalist.
Overall, great job though. :tu:
Yes, this is more upbeat than my usual fare. Glad you liked most of it. My wife also wasn't too keen on the verse melody.

Katie J is from Nashville so you might be right detecting some Country there. I plan to do lead vocals on the next one. I am not sure if I am edgy but I do work cheap. ;)

Thanks for your detailed comments.

Hey, whad'ya know? Here I am in a Swedish magazine: https://zeromagazine.nu/2019/11/19/frag ... lue-world/

My wife isn't keen on any of my stuff, so you're way ahead of me there.

Am I the only one here who thinks that this song has more in common with The Human League than with American synthpop?

The song had an instantly "recognisable" vibe, which was very easy to listen to, and, after repeated listening, has acquired even greater familiarity.

The vocals are well recorded and crystal clear. They sit in the mix very comfortably indeed, and the synths are more than up to the job, providing a tasty accompaniment. The ending worked very well.

Good work :)

markkuja wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 12:30 pm Pleasant pop music. I liked the melody and rhythm. Sounds nice.
Thank you, Markku. :)

enroe wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 8:19 pm Your video "This Blue World" emphasizes the chorus line "this world is here
for you and me". In particular I like the pictures taken from space showing the
earth as a blue ball. Yes "this world is for you and me" - and also it
is vulnerable and small ... so we have to take care of our blue planet!
The astronaut in the end-scene exhibits the diminutiveness of mankind - and it
shows the hostility of space to life. These pictures enhance the status of
"this world" even further.

All in all: The song is floating nicely - the drums now fit well - and the Video
supports the lyrics - as far as I can say. Super Video! :tu:
I'm very glad you thought the video enhanced the song. I did try to choose and edit the clips carefully. Thanks for confirming the drums are better now. I appreciate all the feedback. :)

seismic1 wrote: Fri Nov 22, 2019 12:32 am Am I the only one here who thinks that this song has more in common with The Human League than with American synthpop?

The song had an instantly "recognisable" vibe, which was very easy to listen to, and, after repeated listening, has acquired even greater familiarity.

The vocals are well recorded and crystal clear. They sit in the mix very comfortably indeed, and the synths are more than up to the job, providing a tasty accompaniment. The ending worked very well.
I am drawing a blank on bands that qualify as American synthpop. :help:

I was going for upbeat pop with this one so being "easy to listen to" was the idea. I guess it has been a mild success since it already has the most plays on Spotify of all my songs. I'm glad you liked the vocals.

For my next song, it will be back to my usual dark and miserable approach with me on lead vocals. :P

Thanks for the detailed feedback. :)

Return to “Music Cafe”