If this aint good and still sounds as a loop then I just do not know anymore people

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

@ATS Thank you man I am glad you enjoyed it

@ forgotten another thing you forgotten: I probably followed more years of music classes then you. I did 4 years to learn notes when I was a young kid and 7 years of keyboard lessons. I admid, I am still rusty, I have not played for over 20 years. But please enlighten us all with how many years of music classes you had?
So yeah, I know how to play :) Maybe you and wagtunes and all other people who do not get my music just do not understand it. I think that is also a possibilty. I guess it will not be the possibility you two agree on but hey, the world is a crazy place.
Heavenly Sounds Approved This.

Mozex wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 9:52 am@ forgotten another thing you forgotten: I probably followed more years of music classes then you. I did 4 years to learn notes when I was a young kid and 7 years of keyboard lessons. I admid, I am still rusty, I have not played for over 20 years. But please enlighten us all with how many years of music classes you had?
Protip : Being actively hostile to people trying to give constructive criticism is not a good way to proceed.

You yourself posted
Mozex wrote:Yeah I dont really have real skills... I know that my tracks are very amateur like and that they probably can sound a lot better but I do not have the skills for that. Maybe with years of practicing those skills will immerse but for now I have to play around this way
so your 'I probably know more than you do' bitching in return to someone saying 'you're new to this so...' is utterly disingenuous. You've specifically said you're new to this. If all you're going to do is bristle and get aggressive at criticism (and looking back, melting down completely on at least one occasion) then dont ask for it.

Anyway, with regard to your track. If the previous comments indicated there wasn't enough variation in what you were doing, then you've swung to the opposite extreme. Introducing a significant new variation every bar or two isn't the solution. You need to pace the progression better, especially since the track is so short. The answer to too little change isn't too much. 11 years of lessons should have introduced you to the pace of change versus repetition in other songs, maybe you could leverage that.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

Good stuff mosex and just to tell people that this kind of repetitive techno is coming back . Listen to Dave clarke the baron of techno he would play some of mosex tracks and my own tracks are repetitive but its about energy and I'm listening to techno since 1996 >>>> I don't like all his tracks but he tries hard ...

@whyterabbyt There is a difference between knowing how to play and having skill. Knowing how to play is the notes on the keyboard, skill is using various effects.
Yes I do say that I have no skill because people will say that anyway. So I say it myself already. Because most people say my music is bad. I will continue on the pad I have taken. I understand not everyone will like my music and I am ok with that :)

The funny thing is how I am always hostile and the others are not. But my "hostile" reaction is always on someone who claims my music sucks or that I can not compose at all. Yeah thats not hostile at all :D
So I defend myself and guess what, it is me who is being hostile. I think you are a funny man :D
Last edited by Heavenly Sounds on Sun Oct 13, 2019 10:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

@lectropunk Thank you man.

And to be honest people, since when is something bad because you have trouble connecting it to something you already know? Is that not called originality. If Leonardo Da Vinci painted what was in at that time he would have sold a thousand paintings. Instead he painted something entirely new which resulted in him cutting his ear of because nobody would buy his damn paintings. Guess what, if you have a Da Vinci now you are probably a rich man or woman :D

Mozex wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 10:47 am So I defend myself and guess what, it is me who is being hostile. I think you are a funny man :D
No, you dont just defend yourself. You attack people. That's the hostility. Tone that part down, you'll get more productive criticism.
Last edited by whyterabbyt on Sun Oct 13, 2019 10:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

No hassle bud .
Most people on kvr like EDM and psy trance
But techno is getting popular again. Check out Ben sims Dave clarke surgeon Ben block etc
I think you're very creative but need some direction . Keep making good music mozex.

@mozek: I'm going to start by post by saying I have not listened to the track, this is important for what follows. You need to accept the good and bad feedback if you're posting in public. In fact, why would you post it at all if not for feedback? And then, it's arguably the negative (ie, constructive) feedback you should focus on as this is where you need to improve.

Why my initial comment is important is because I'm not providing feedback on the track, only on how to accept feedback 8)

Remember: perception is reality ;)
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

For those commenting on Techno, it is vastly underappreciated regarding simplicity. On the face of it nothing is happening, but there are very subtle changes to draw you in and maintain interest.

Talking of Dave Clarke:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mrwLxgSDFaw

At any one time not much is happening but it's how the track proceeds through these elements is what maintains interest.

Take it or leave it, there's some great advice here and Mushy certainly knows his stuff regarding Techno. :wink:
The inner workings of vurts mind are a force to be reckoned with.
music is a need in my life...yes I could survive without it but tbh I dont know how
myfeebleeffort
https://paulroach2.bandcamp.com/
https://hearthis.at/83hdtrvm/

Mozex wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 9:52 am @ATS Thank you man I am glad you enjoyed it

@ forgotten another thing you forgotten: I probably followed more years of music classes then you. I did 4 years to learn notes when I was a young kid and 7 years of keyboard lessons. I admid, I am still rusty, I have not played for over 20 years. But please enlighten us all with how many years of music classes you had?
So yeah, I know how to play :) Maybe you and wagtunes and all other people who do not get my music just do not understand it. I think that is also a possibilty. I guess it will not be the possibility you two agree on but hey, the world is a crazy place.
Now you’re just being an arsehole :shrug:

Good luck with your journey :tu:

jethrobull wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 11:03 am Take it or leave it, there's some great advice here and Mushy certainly knows his stuff regarding Techno. :wink:
:oops: :love:

If you replace the plate reverb with extra release on the lead sound, it probably sounds mach better.

Return to “Music Cafe”