Experiment

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Been busy with it for hours, experimenting with sequencer and delay... I hope this one has a bit more variation. Please listen to it and tell me if it is a bit better then previous songs.
https://soundcloud.com/mo7ex/experiment
Heavenly Sounds Approved This.

These are more diverse and more interesting (especially the second track) to me than your previous offerings. It's good that you are finally looking to vary and improve the drums. To be honest, though, there are still some sounds you are choosing that are grating and not so pleasant to listen to (I think that stems from you still following that edm lead tradition).

Ok will keep it in mind, thx for the advice!

Mozex wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2019 8:08 am Ok will keep it in mind, thx for the advice!
Well, it's not necessarily something you need to change. I'm just expressing a personal preference. If they are sounds that you and other folk enjoy, then keep using them :tu:

No to be honest I just used the lead to make it sound a bit fuller... Maybe I should drop the lead and just use bass sequences on top of eachother as I already to in these songs and just add a pad. I do not know yet to be honest, I will try it that way and see if people like it.

Mozex wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2019 8:26 am No to be honest I just used the lead to make it sound a bit fuller... Maybe I should drop the lead and just use bass sequences on top of eachother as I already to in these songs and just add a pad. I do not know yet to be honest, I will try it that way and see if people like it.
Or just use leads that don't make people want to cut their ears off :P (just kidding)

lol ok

Mozex wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2019 8:37 amlol ok
Again! You should do what pleases you. It's your art/expression, and if you tried to change everything dependant on everybody's differing opinions you'd drive yourself crazy. Of course, you'll need to work out how to differentiate when people are just giving opinions and when they are giving advice that could help you improve. It's all part of the fun :tu:

Yeah I know what you mean, I am going crazy. But I also want to improve.
I just dropped the lead in the song, it sounds less full now but I just want to head on to the next song. So just deleting the lead was the option I took.
https://soundcloud.com/mo7ex/experiment-02

Mozex wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2019 8:55 am Yeah I know what you mean, I am going crazy. But I also want to improve.
I just dropped the lead in the song, it sounds less full now but I just want to head on to the next song. So just deleting the lead was the option I took.
That's so much better!! You can really hear what was happening underneath. You got rid of the obnoxious lead, but you still have another lead which carries everything along just fine.

As to just heading on to something else. It can definitely be the right thing to do if you've come to the point where you just can't improve something, and you just hate it. But if you keep just jumping to the next piece, and to the next piece, and the next etc. you will never likely give enough time and space for ideas to develop, and mature. Even if you do move on, maybe leave space to come back and re-visit. Once you have more skills you might see more opportunities to improve older work.

Yes I understand, thats why I name my tracks experiment now...

:tu:

Mozex wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2019 8:55 am So just deleting the lead was the option I took.
I listened to this version: Wide spaces and experimental, but also
with groove. I like it! :wink:
free mp3s + info: andy-enroe.de songs + weird stuff: enroe.de

thx

Return to “Music Cafe”