bo-jingles

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

i do love a glockenspiel :love:

vurt wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 6:56 pm work? remind me again...

15mins, you prog bastard! are you "the porcupine tree"?
Is that near the Joshua tree?

As for work? It's something I heard somebody talking about, once. I'm sure it's not of much importance :shrug:

vurt wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 6:56 pm work? remind me again...

15mins, you prog bastard! are you "the porcupine racetrack"?
ftfy

must be, all trees are together somewhere.
planning our demise :o

its a band, although thinking on that section was more "steven wilson" his solo stuff, rather than the porcupine tree, although both are worth a listen :)

vurt wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 7:11 pmits a band, although thinking on that section was more "steven wilson" his solo stuff, rather than the porcupine tree, although both are worth a listen :)
Cool! Will check it out :tu:

well i enjoyed that, as i said, sounds like it was designed for some visual project as a whole.
some parts more than others could stand on their own as "songs" but it all flowed without any jarring moments or even, as wags said, feeling like as long as it is.
obviously you know your way around the notes, possibly both black and white keys by the sounds of it.
very good stuff indeed :)

vurt wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 7:21 pm well i enjoyed that, as i said, sounds like it was designed for some visual project as a whole.
some parts more than others could stand on their own as "songs" but it all flowed without any jarring moments or even, as wags said, feeling like as long as it is.
obviously you know your way around the notes, possibly both black and white keys by the sounds of it.
very good stuff indeed :)
Thanks for the listen and the comments :tu:

Both you and Wags have picked up on things that might become clearer with the back-story (It's no big secret, but certain decisions might make more sense).

As for knowing my way around the notes? Not really. I don't have any keyboard or theory training, either. I guess I just do a good job of faking it :shrug:

Glad you enjoyed it :tu:

Loads of plays, as the playcount on SC listed. A nice kind of cinematique piece of music, calm and peaceful atmos in the beginning. The guitar intros very suddenly but effectfully and gives the track a different turn... Nice work!

htcnext2 wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 12:57 pm Loads of plays, as the playcount on SC listed. A nice kind of cinematique piece of music, calm and peaceful atmos in the beginning. The guitar intros very suddenly but effectfully and gives the track a different turn... Nice work!
Thanks for listening and commenting :tu:

It's great! Lots of variation in the 36 minutes to keep us interested. It's quite a journey. I don't think I'd listened to this one before, even though I do remember listening to a number of your tracks at once a while back. My loss. Well, not any more :D

Minor criticism: There seem to be a couple of ugly crickles and crackles around the 20 minute mark and not a huge fan of the hats (?) that come in after that, which seem to continue the crickles and crackles, albeit now intentionally.

It's hard to really comment on the track as a whole, given its length and the difference in styles, meter and dynamics throughout. So I took the liberty of posting some random gibberish on SC as I was listening.

Is 98 grams the gear list?

sjm wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 2:53 pmMinor criticism: There seem to be a couple of ugly crickles and crackles around the 20 minute mark and not a huge fan of the hats (?) that come in after that, which seem to continue the crickles and crackles, albeit now intentionally.
There's every chance it's some part of the sound-design that is grating on you. I'm trying to get up the courage to return to the project, and do with it what I've long thought needed to be done :scared: Will definitely make sure to see if this can be rectified :tu:
sjm wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 2:53 pmIt's hard to really comment on the track as a whole, given its length and the difference in styles, meter and dynamics throughout. So I took the liberty of posting some random gibberish on SC as I was listening.
Loved the gibberish :D
sjm wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 2:53 pmIs 98 grams the gear list?
Back in the early days of RPM, physical cd's of the final album needed to be sent. At that time, I had no idea of a title. '98 grams' was the weight of the package that I needed to ship :shrug:

Thanks for taking the time.

Smart production!.Congrat!

mcanicos wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 5:33 pm Smart production!.Congrat!

el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 3:35 pm
sjm wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 2:53 pmSo I took the liberty of posting some random gibberish on SC as I was listening.
Loved the gibberish :D
Apparently, it's my forte.

Great job. Long but Interesting track with differend parts. Good composition work and arrangement

Return to “Music Cafe”