bo-jingles

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hmmm...Might give this a try, and see if i likes it.

Form nearly 10 years ago:

https://soundcloud.com/el-bo/98grams
Last edited by el-bo (formerly ebow) on Mon Oct 07, 2019 12:52 pm, edited 6 times in total.

Hmmm! Why is it not embedding the player??

EDIT: Was a permissions problem :tu:

puts image in to secret spy agency facial recognitions system...

will check track once i have your location.
and im at the monitors

vurt wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 4:26 pm puts image in to secret spy agency facial recognitions system...
:lol: :lol:

:hihi:

:hihi:

Lot of good stuff in there. :tu:

It is very rare that I will sit down and listen to a piece of music that somebody posts that's over 30 minutes long but for whatever reason, I just did.

There is too much here to go into any in depth review but a few things stuck out.

The 7 to 10 minute mark (roughly) seemed like it could have used some arrangement help. It really dragged for me, mostly because it was very repetitive without any changes in anything. An additional instrument here and there would have made a world of difference.

Some of the transitions were very long in the silence department. I think some of the silence could have been cut out or at least shortened.

The finale seemed like a loop played over and over with a slight fade out. Again, some small arrangement additions would have made a big difference.

Overall, the 36 minutes was an interesting listen. It wasn't anything like what I expected. FWIW, it didn't seem like it was 36 minutes. Most of it went by quickly.

All in all, it was an enjoyable listen. The only mix thing that I think could have been improved was the section with the bells. They are much louder than the backing track. Other than that, mix seemed fine to me.

I hope your future submissions will be a little bit shorter. It's hard for me to find time to listen to a half hour of music with everything I have on my plate.

Bansaw wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 5:43 pm Lot of good stuff in there. :tu:
Given how the piece came into being, that's about the best comment I could hope for :wink:

Thanks for the listen :tu:

wagtunes wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 5:58 pm It is very rare that I will sit down and listen to a piece of music that somebody posts that's over 30 minutes long but for whatever reason, I just did.

There is too much here to go into any in depth review but a few things stuck out.

The 7 to 10 minute mark (roughly) seemed like it could have used some arrangement help. It really dragged for me, mostly because it was very repetitive without any changes in anything. An additional instrument here and there would have made a world of difference.

Some of the transitions were very long in the silence department. I think some of the silence could have been cut out or at least shortened.

The finale seemed like a loop played over and over with a slight fade out. Again, some small arrangement additions would have made a big difference.

Overall, the 36 minutes was an interesting listen. It wasn't anything like what I expected. FWIW, it didn't seem like it was 36 minutes. Most of it went by quickly.

All in all, it was an enjoyable listen. The only mix thing that I think could have been improved was the section with the bells. They are much louder than the backing track. Other than that, mix seemed fine to me.

I hope your future submissions will be a little bit shorter. It's hard for me to find time to listen to a half hour of music with everything I have on my plate.
Thanks for the listen, and the comments.

There are some explanations that might give some context as to why you would have thought all of these things. And normally, I would've explained them away before I'd even uploaded. But this time I wanted to just present it, as is.

I will answer these, but will leave it for a while.

And there is one more submission of this length (And for exactly the same reasons). It's enough that you listened to this. Cheers!

has an air of cues for a film, very evocative of those mediterranean, scooter or open top car, scenes from the mountain roads 8)
only around 10 mins so far, but enjoying the ride, very calming, at least this far :)
may pop back ocassionally to comment or just come in at the end with an overall 8)
it works with the weed btw :hihi:

i do especially like that warped synth behind the piano around now, 1130-...

vurt wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 6:52 pmor just come in at the end with an overall 8)
Listening to music in your work clothes again, Vurtrand? :P

work? remind me again...

15mins, you prog bastard! are you "the porcupine tree"?

Return to “Music Cafe”