October Contest: Gossip and BIG NEWS

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

(Pulls stack of crumpled loose-leaf paper notes out of breast pocket)

Greetings!

This is the thread for gossip related to the October Contest, but first we have some BIG NEWS to share!

(Wait for audience murmuring to die down)

Effective with the closing of September's contest, I am stepping out of the administrator / thread-poster position for the KVR-contest, which I've been doing now for about three years. It should come as a surprise to no-one that due to family, work and other hobbies all taking a chunk out of my time, I haven't been able to give the contest the attention it quite frankly deserves.

(Wait for nods and general sounds of assent)

So - stepping in this month as the NEW contest runner is.... HELLFOG!

(Hold for thunderous applause)

I'll be helping out with the transition as needed (mostly with making posts sticky, until that gets sorted out), and I still need to update the Hall O' Fame with the past 18 months or so of contest results, but in the meantime please welcome Hellfog to his new role. The contest is in very good hands!

(Get off stage as quickly as you possibly can ;-) )

Hi all,

It will be fun to to taking over the contest duties, hoping for a fun music journey together.

I have some ideas for next month, please come with your own ideas for next month.

/Hellfog

Thanks for moderating DrApostropheX. :clap:
Good luck Hellfog. :pray: :hihi:

Hellfog wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2019 6:38 pm have some ideas for next month, please come with your own ideas for next month.
Slow it down, it's fall
some autumn-themed, mellow mood oriented theme :shrug:

Laguna Rising wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 8:38 am
Hellfog wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2019 6:38 pm have some ideas for next month, please come with your own ideas for next month.
Slow it down, it's fall
some autumn-themed, mellow mood oriented theme :shrug:

I like that idea a lot.

Maybe 80’s pop or 90’s house/Eurodance? Or some sort of foreign music theme (music from another country or culture)?
Many paid and free VSTs as well as Kontakt libraries. As well as HW synths/drum machine and acoustic instruments.

Music Bird wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 11:53 am Maybe 80’s pop or 90’s house/Eurodance? Or some sort of foreign music theme (music from another country or culture)?
One of my ideas was your nr 2 make music inspired from a country.

Thanks for all your work DrApostropheX, and don't be a stranger now... Incidentally, anone seen Scoops? :(
Hmmm, Hellfog eh? Could be interesting :ud:
It wasn't me! (well, actually, it probably was) - apparently now an 'elderly' so maybe I forgot!

October thread is up

viewtopic.php?f=14&t=532566

folderol wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 2:43 pm Not at all sure I'll have the time to do anything this month. In {cough} sunny {cough} Derbyshire for a week from tomorrow (doing the SynthFestUK bit on the Saturday), then at the end of the month got a week in Cologne including a couple of days at the Sonoj conference.
Nice one, hope you have a great time.
Currently trying to turn noise into music. :neutral: Is boutique the new old?

I think I'll pass this time. I already wrote my ultimate autumn piece two years ago.

Eternal Autumn

mountainmaster wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 7:25 pm I think I'll pass this time. I already wrote my ultimate autumn piece two years ago.

Eternal Autumn
:(

CrystalWizard wrote: Fri Oct 04, 2019 12:17 pm That’s gotta be the Catskill Mnts, NY USA?
No idea.

damn, i was hoping for Gothtober

Return to “Music Cafe”