vurt - be careful... (ambient of the slightly dark variety)

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

sjm wrote: Sun Sep 22, 2019 7:42 pm Sounds to me like you're back to creating sci-fi (as alluded to above) space soundtracks. In this case, I think it's an old, defunct mining station being discovered and scanned by the crew as they fly by in their much smaller spacecraft. From the debris and horrible mutilated bodies here and there, as well as the huge breach in the hull, it's obvious something horrible happened here a long time ago. But it's in no way obvious what it was.

The crew decide to investigate further, because nothing could possibly go wrong, could it...?
its kinda cyclical, i inspire you to imagine and share such visions, then i am inspired to create abstract scores to your tales...

thanks for listening :D

Forgotten wrote: Sun Sep 22, 2019 8:01 pm I was more thinking of a story like this:

The crew left their ship suited up for the alien terrain they were expecting to encounter. After a short but uneventful journey during which they scanned the atmosphere for its ability to support life, they came to a door.

Opening the door, they scanned the shadowy room beyond, and agreed it was “all clear.” With a breathable atmosphere they decided to remove their helmets. The air was breathable, but contained a dense, sweet smelling smoke. After a minute or so some of the crew complained of feeling light-headed, but the atmosphere seemed strangely relaxed.

A cursory glance around the room revealed a number of shelves, racks of electronic devices, and a large white cabinet from which emanated an alien-sounding hum.

Cautiously opening the white cabinet’s door, an odd, flickering light lit the contents within. Perhaps it was the effects of breathing the strange smoke that caused the crew to allow their guard to drop, but before they realized what they were doing, they found themselves eating a strange fungus contained within the white cabinet.

The room remained eerily quiet, but the crew now complained of difficulty in focusing on things like the objects on the shelves as everything was constantly changing shape and color. A closer inspection of the objects on the shelves revealed that they were in an alien environment where visitors were shrunk to a very small size and given the appearance of being made from bricks of some kind.

Without warning, the door they had entered by closed, and an unknown creature crept through the shadows towards the boxes of electronic devices. They froze in fear as they saw hands rapidly connect alien devices to each other with brightly colored cables. Unable to move, they watched helplessly as a hand moved towards what appeared to be a control that activated the device........

(Cue music)
such imagination :o
where do you get those ideas?

:hihi: :oops:

spunkmuffin wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 5:24 pm heehee love the narative descriptions sjm and Forgotten. :)

I really like this piece, the reverb/delay is phenomenal!

To me it's like a latenight tour through some colossal shipping terminal...at sea with lots of fog, and yeah probably on another planet. :lol:
another little tale :)
thanks for listening :tu:

sjm wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 6:21 pm
spunkmuffin wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 5:24 pm heehee love the narative descriptions sjm and Forgotten. :)
I love the way vurt's stuff makes your mind wander and imagine things. It's part of the appeal!
:oops: 8) thanks.

vurt,
Thank you for the reviews! Now your recording: this is more of a Sci-Fi Space Craft sound effect sound track to me. I think the little green men are coming to get us all! ;) BTW, I have had some life changing prophetic dreams in my life. I've also had dreams involving UFO stuff, but the grays probably erased most of my memory on those dreams. ;) What sort of other-worldly synths did you use on this recording (they sound good)?
You can hear my original music at this link: https://www.soundclick.com/artist/defau ... dID=224436

aaron aardvark wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2019 3:47 am vurt,
Thank you for the reviews! Now your recording: this is more of a Sci-Fi Space Craft sound effect sound track to me. I think the little green men are coming to get us all! ;) BTW, I have had some life changing prophetic dreams in my life. I've also had dreams involving UFO stuff, but the grays probably erased most of my memory on those dreams. ;) What sort of other-worldly synths did you use on this recording (they sound good)?
its all modular hardware :)

are you 100% sure they where only dreams ;)
ive got my fingers crossed its the nordics when i get taken.
at least theyre quite sexy looking, and if theyre gonna be probin, just seems like it would be nicer if theyre attractive :lol:

thanks for listening :)

Listened at work and while it played I suddenly realized that my colleague who sits in the same room is not who she seems, apparently she not even human ... and neither are these guys who sit in the next room... I wonder what they look like when I don't see them... :scared:

Really well executed "slighty dark variety"
You may think you can fly ... but you better not try

And my wife said: "Issat Vurt?" She knows your sonic footprint now!

interesting. Tense. Yup. Spaceship flying into disaster, or its aftermath.
“Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that."
-Martin Luther King Jr.

Bombadil wrote: Fri Oct 04, 2019 3:30 pm interesting. Tense. Yup. Spaceship flying into disaster, or its aftermath.
This spaceship?

Where's the bowl?
“Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that."
-Martin Luther King Jr.

On the right I assume? Here’s the page for it:

https://chapelgadgets.com/product/starship-bong/

recursive one wrote: Fri Oct 04, 2019 11:00 am Listened at work and while it played I suddenly realized that my colleague who sits in the same room is not who she seems, apparently she not even human ... and neither are these guys who sit in the next room... I wonder what they look like when I don't see them... :scared:

Really well executed "slighty dark variety"
:scared: are they reptilian?
if so they can be easily distracted with small rodents or pics of david icke. :o (hes their kryptonite)

thanks for listening :)

ps: if theyre nordics, can you give them my number :D

Bombadil wrote: Fri Oct 04, 2019 3:30 pm And my wife said: "Issat Vurt?" She knows your sonic footprint now!
first comes recognition, then comes love! (of the art, not overstepping any boundaries! :o )

seriously though :oops: that's kinda nice, that im being recognised outside of kvr now :hihi:
interesting. Tense. Yup. Spaceship flying into disaster, or its aftermath.
bit of chaos never hurt no one guv!

thanks for listening, both of you :D

Forgotten wrote: Fri Oct 04, 2019 3:35 pm
Bombadil wrote: Fri Oct 04, 2019 3:30 pm interesting. Tense. Yup. Spaceship flying into disaster, or its aftermath.
This spaceship?

oh elon, thy heart is yours :love:

I'm not sure how I missed this one! Nicely done!
There are a few sounds that remind me of a track I did for a halloween comp, years ago. The sounds which I can't describe better than 'screeches from a subway car' are particularly rich. :-)

Thanks!

Return to “Music Cafe”