September Contest: Gossip

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

mountainmaster wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2019 6:53 pm Hostile 34

Rob Papen Rhythm Guitar
Addictive Drums 2
Ample Bass P
GSi VB3
V-Station
That moved me back to my youth.
At the start Deep Purple came to mind, then Emerson Lake and Palmer and Manfred Manns Earth Band.
Very nice. :tu:

The Noodlist wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2019 11:48 pm Some really cool stuff submitted this month, really like mountainmaster's track, reminds me of Deep Purple.
Saffran wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 12:03 am That moved me back to my youth.
At the start Deep Purple came to mind, then Emerson Lake and Palmer and Manfred Manns Earth Band.
Very nice. :tu:
Thanks!

@ pgvpgv333 we need your track to be downloadable.
Most of us go backwards and forwards across tracks making comparisons to sort out our order of preference, and those doing reviews also dodge about on them. This is a bit difficult if a track is in a different location to everything else and is not easy to quickly access.
It wasn't me! (well, actually, it probably was) - apparently now an 'elderly' so maybe I forgot!

Downloads can help judging when setting all songs to the same volume for comparison with the likes of Melda's MLoudnessAnalyzer.
Is materialism devouring your musical output? :ud:

There is just one way for me, to listen to contest entries :
Download. Put it on a USB stick and listen to all of them in the car or in the basement
I have no internet connection in the car and no internet connection in the basement
:shrug:

Laguna Rising wrote: Sun Sep 29, 2019 8:54 am There is just one way for me, to listen to contest entries :
Download. Put it on a USB stick and listen to all of them in the car or in the basement
I have no internet connection in the car and no internet connection in the basement
:shrug:

ah I see.

Could not get the download to work. Sorry.

pgvpgv333 wrote: Mon Sep 30, 2019 2:41 pm Could not get the download to work. Sorry.
Click edit track then follow this.

This comes up so often. Can I suggest a link to it is put in the competition instructions for SC users.
It wasn't me! (well, actually, it probably was) - apparently now an 'elderly' so maybe I forgot!

Thanks Hellfog. Also it is still monday in Sweden.

folderol wrote: Mon Sep 30, 2019 3:12 pm This comes up so often. Can I suggest a link to it is put in the competition instructions for SC users.
Sound like a great idea, we should do that.

Well, even with download enabled I could not get the files this time. It seems soundcloud has recently blocked anonymous downloads. Now when I try to download it asks me to log in.

Soundcloud is getting steadily more restrictive and difficult to use. One reason why I always put my tracks on Archive,org. It's a bit more work, but much more accessible for your users.

It was a good month, I got different results using LibreOffice Calc, most probably my input error.
Is materialism devouring your musical output? :ud:

folderol wrote: Mon Sep 30, 2019 5:54 pm Soundcloud is getting steadily more restrictive and difficult to use.
In what way does it get restrictive and difficult to use?
To be is to do — Socrates.
To do is to be — Jean-Paul Sartre.
Do be do be do — Frank Sinatra.

Return to “Music Cafe”