Just noodlin

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

The Noodlist wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 9:31 pm
donkey tugger wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 7:52 pm Noel? :o

Some riddim problems with these, but loving the geeeetars! :love:
I have trouble with midi drums, I have a habit of playing before the beat, not a fan of tweaking, especially midi drums. So, it seems like the drums are dragging.
I tend to do that sometimes too, so rather than f**k about with moving patterns etc, sometimes I find it works to just set the latency (or use the track inspector in whatever sequencer it is) to trigger the drums a bit earlier after doing the recording, 10ms or so. Mebbe worth a go..

Some good stuff here, some of it a bit Stones-y which I enjoyed too. Lead guitar is a bit like fingerpicking to me- some kind of crazy voodoo.. :o

Thanks for the tips, I thought about nudging stuff, but using the inspector is a great idea.
I'm only scraping the surface of the DAW, basic use only, like a tape deck.
I know a few key commands and basic stuff, no excuse for not using/learning software to it's full potential.
Is materialism devouring your musical output? :ud:

Last edited by The Noodlist on Sat Sep 28, 2019 10:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Struggling for words for this, just this evening's noodlings. It came from an idea for a entry in the Sept contest, after my Verve cover song got neglected and left too late.
Mixdown 14
Tokai Strat, Mooer Hustle Drive, Harley Benton American sound, GAP Pre 73 MKII DI.
Enjoyed using HY Plugins free Phaser.
A guitar is pumping, longer release needed, me thinks.
Last edited by The Noodlist on Sat Sep 28, 2019 10:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

experimental.crow wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 2:24 am right click > open in new tab [ window ] will work ...
Just realised, add raw=1 to the end of the Drop Box link, allows audio to play in the browser.

Mixdown15
Single cut guitar
Mooer Hustle drive
Harley Benton Extreme Metal modded.
Harley Benton True Tone AKA Joyo/Ammoon

Last edited by The Noodlist on Sun May 16, 2021 8:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Just recorded this self jam, poor playing, needs more movement, I think. And less noodlin.
Mixdown 17
Darn acoustic needs some TLC, high action, old strings and in need of a fret job.
Rode NT1A Yamaha acoustic and bass> GAP Pre 73MKII DI

Last edited by The Noodlist on Sun May 16, 2021 8:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Finally got a tape deck after 20yrs, doing some transferring to digital.

4 Track tape recording circa 1993, Yamaha DX11, drum machine, bass and guitar. I had no concept of panning and levels, some things never change. :(
Mixdown 19

Dusting off the old GT-8, intended on woodshedding but started noodlin, till the wheels fell off.
GT-8 into the line of a Fredenstein VAS Pre and the bass into the DI.
GT-8
GT-8/2

Gosh, I need to practise. Plenty of bum notes and fret buzz. as usual.
Sweeney
Last edited by The Noodlist on Sun Mar 06, 2022 11:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.

NHK 295M

seismic1 wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 1:07 amNHK 295M
:hihi:

Last edited by The Noodlist on Sun May 16, 2021 8:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Music Cafe”