One Word Of Truth

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

My friend Andy Pawlak has released his new album "One Word Of Truth" ... I mixed & mastered the album. We worked really closely on this one ...

https://smarturl.it/OneWordOfTruth

Comments are welcome :)

Here's the artwork ...

folder.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Like them a lot. Just short snippets of each song, but was really impressed with what I heard.
Was that you singing on Leaf?
Hope, was also very good.
Expectation of the Dawn was my favourite.
Also liked the artwork - the whole package is well done.

Thanks Bansaw. Its Andy singing on Leaf. He wrote and performed all the music. I mixed & mastered the album.

The link above takes you to direct links for Spotify, Tidal, etc where you can listen/ download the tracks. Thank you for listening.

nice artwork.
will listen tomorrow at some volume :tu:

It sounds quite nice. I have it now on Apple Music and will listen to it later.

From what I heard it sounds ambient electronic with light jazz and rock/pop influences. A good evening listen or chilling out on the back deck with a cold drink.

vurt wrote: Sun Aug 11, 2019 9:55 pm nice artwork.
The artwork is by James Marsh who did a lot of the Talk Talk albums ...
fastlanephil wrote: Sun Aug 11, 2019 10:21 pm It sounds quite nice. I have it now on Apple Music and will listen to it later.

From what I heard it sounds ambient electronic with light jazz and rock/pop influences. A good evening listen or chilling out on the back deck with a cold drink.
It's a pretty chilled, late night kind of listen ...

Hi CC

I can see the connection to talk Talk album covers. Very nice artwork that reflects what is inside.

The music is very subtle and sparse. Nicely mixed overall. The only things that I don't really like are some glitchy/spikey sounds (like those in Awaken) that frustrate the hell out of me. That said, I feel that way about all of that style and others love it.

I hope it goes well for you both as it seems like quality work.

:-)

Great ! Like it a lot !
Keep it up !

(( D ))

Thanks Benedict & drumity for your comments. Much appreciated.

thecontrolcentre wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 12:30 am
vurt wrote: Sun Aug 11, 2019 9:55 pm nice artwork.
The artwork is by James Marsh who did a lot of the Talk Talk albums ...
ah, i did have a vague sense of familiarity, couldn't place it though. figured i was thinking of classical japanese art, as it has that minimalist flow. but now you say talk talk, yup, i can see it.

cool stuff indeed 8)
wish the guy all the best with the project for me :tu:

vurt wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 4:24 pm cool stuff indeed 8)
wish the guy all the best with the project for me :tu:
Will do. Thanks vurt :)

It's a great piece of relaxing listening in the small hours of the morning, and I think Phil's idea of listening on the back deck with a beer at sundown has some merit.

I was reading the bio on Andy's website about the "situation" with the record company. That must have been very distressing for him.

Good work :)

Thanks seismic1 ... the situation with his old label caused him to stop writing songs for a long time. The album in question has now been released on CD (after 20 years on the shelf) by a japanese label, and there are plans for a vinyl release also. The new album seems to be going down really well ... lots of positive feedback. Andy's really buzzing about it. Thanks for listening :)

sorry i missed this earlier ...
this work is right in my wheelhouse , and i enjoyed it thoroughly ...
sparse , austere , and melancholy ...

mix and mastered beautifully ...

Return to “Music Cafe”