Wagtunes Production Music

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

wagtunes wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 3:36 pm This one I really like. I can so envision the scene for this one.

All comments are welcome.

https://soundcloud.com/steven-wagenheim/pet-cemetary
Why don't submit it to the ASPCA :hihi:

Karma_tba wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 8:51 pm
wagtunes wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 3:36 pm This one I really like. I can so envision the scene for this one.

:lol:

Think this one's pretty good too - nice and atonal for a horror type thing. Quick suggestion- bearing in mind that you've got the 'Psycho' type strings at the end (which is a nice touch) which in essence are the 'hook' of this piece, and that if you're successful the music will be listed on a page with lots of other stuff, why not start the track with the strings bit then drop them out until the end where they are now? Grab the attention quickly etc, and reel them in...

donkey tugger wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 8:59 pm
Karma_tba wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 8:51 pm

:lol:

Think this one's pretty good too - nice and atonal for a horror type thing. Quick suggestion- bearing in mind that you've got the 'Psycho' type strings at the end (which is a nice touch) which in essence are the 'hook' of this piece, and that if you're successful the music will be listed on a page with lots of other stuff, why not start the track with the strings bit then drop them out until the end where they are now? Grab the attention quickly etc, and reel them in...
That's actually not a bad idea.

is naming them after famous horror books/films a good idea?
do others in the production scene do that?

i honestly have no idea, so its a question not a criticism.

vurt wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 9:07 pm is naming them after famous horror books/films a good idea?

I think it's a wonderful idea :dog:

vurt wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 9:07 pm is naming them after famous horror books/films a good idea?

Depends. It can go either way.

1. Titles can't be copyrighted so there are no legal issues there.

2. The title will spark recognition. This could get a person to check the track out just out of curiosity alone.

3. From there, depending on what sounds they had in their mind from the trigger, they will either be please or disappointed at the interpretation. It all comes down to expectations.

IOW, I'm taking a chance with this one. If it backfires, oh well. You know what they say. No risk, no reward. Weird Al made a living out of doing spoofs of popular songs.

wagtunes wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 9:19 pm

2. The title will spark recognition. This could get a person to check the track out just out of curiosity alone.

3. From there, depending on what sounds they had in their mind from the trigger, they will either be please or disappointed at the interpretation. It all comes down to expectations.

IOW, I'm taking a chance with this one. If it backfires, oh well. You know what they say. No risk, no reward. Weird Al made a living out of doing spoofs of popular songs.
You and Weird Al are definitely in the same wheelhouse.

But they can be trademarked so you may want to check on that.

it was these two rather than copyright.

was thinking along the same lines of do people name them like that for recognition, like you say it gives expectations.
but then i thought, or can it pigeon hole it?

in the end its the music that counts, but its getting them to listen to yours before anyone elses! and i guess the title could go either way, attract or deter :shrug:
its difficult to know :?

vurt wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 9:37 pm

it was these two rather than copyright.

was thinking along the same lines of do people name them like that for recognition, like you say it gives expectations.
but then i thought, or can it pigeon hole it?

in the end its the music that counts, but its getting them to listen to yours before anyone elses! and i guess the title could go either way, attract or deter :shrug:
its difficult to know :?
I'm not too worried about it. If the site accepts the submission, I'm sure there'll be at least one person who will use it for something.

Getting past the site is going to be the hard part.

JJ_Jettflow wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 9:32 pm

But they can be trademarked so you may want to check on that.
Actually, no, they can't.

** EDIT ** Okay, clarification here. If I were to write a book or do a movie Pet Cemetary, I couldn't as that title is trademarked for those works. For music, not the case. Because music titles can't be copyrighted or trademarked. In US law, this is a gray area. In either case, I don't think I have to worry about Stephen King coming after me for putting out a 2 minute piece of library music titled Pet Cemetery, not for the $5 in royalties that I might earn from it.

wagtunes wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 10:27 pmI don't think I have to worry about Stephen King coming after me for putting out a 2 minute piece of library music
No worry, he´ll definitively don´t give a shit ...
but where is Amnesty International when we need them ??

(( D ))

Short list of song titles named after books.

The Ground Beneath Her Feet - U2/Salman Rushdie

Brave New World - Steve Miller Band/Aldous Huxley

Great Expectations - Tasmin Archer

1984 - David Bowie/George Orwell

Wuthering Heights - Kate Bush/Emily Bronte
nigel

drumity wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 10:40 pm
wagtunes wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 10:27 pmI don't think I have to worry about Stephen King coming after me for putting out a 2 minute piece of library music
No worry, he´ll definitively don´t give a shit ...
but where is Amnesty International when we need them ??

(( D ))
Ha ha. Funny.

The library will be publishing it, so if they find the name problematic I'm sure they'll change it.

Return to “Music Cafe”