Wagtunes Production Music

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Unaspected wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 12:35 am
wagtunes wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2019 4:23 pm Okay, after reading some of the comments and suggestions, what was liked and not liked, I came up with this track. It is very minimalist. In fact, it's 2 tracks. An evolving soundscape and assorted gongs and that's it.

If you think it's too bare, let me know. Adding things won't be a problem. Personally, I like this a lot. Has a real creepy feel thanks to the Lydian Augmented scale that I used. Works really well for what I was trying to achieve.

https://soundcloud.com/steven-wagenheim/haunted-house
I don't think it's too minimal. I like the vibe but I have a couple of suggestions.

As you suggest, it's two tracks. So I would split the intro and outro as its own thing and work on that separately.

My favourite section is the pad that comes in around 0.44. Everything during this section is working except I would consider replacing the cymbal around 1.43 with a low and slow wood rattling over metal bars sound. Whilst the current sound does break up the track, it steals focus for a moment. That's the kind of spot effect that post production might add.

All the other sounds in that section are working just fine.

You could run an additional mix using a vocoder so you have a third mixer channel that is the pad modulated by the more percussive stick - and mix that low so that it bridges the gap and glues the sounds together.

I'm not sure about the other section - the intro and outro. You've created a nice melody, where the sounds are asking questions and answering them - but you might have given it a touch too much personality. Something more minimal might work better here.

So, really you've created something that you can split in two and maximise on your productivity. :)
I will take your suggestions under advisement.

wagtunes wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 12:27 am
Skupje wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 12:26 am From all these standards if you could pick just one, which one will it be?
Pick just one what? Site, song? What?
It's probably going to be dense af, competing with some of those regular rocket scientists.
Which belief system drives The Wagtunes?

Skupje wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 2:45 am
wagtunes wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 12:27 am
Skupje wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 12:26 am From all these standards if you could pick just one, which one will it be?
Pick just one what? Site, song? What?
It's probably going to be dense af, competing with some of those regular rocket scientists.
Which belief system drives The Wagtunes?
Can you PLEASE speak English because I have NO idea what you're trying to say. Are you saying the competition is going to be fierce? Yes, I know that. So what do you suggest I do?

Hi Wags, listening to Ancient Mysteries:

Ok that is different from you. But good.

It is amazing that people these days are so opposed to narrative in music. Sheesh. The noises all start to point to something. That something doesn't happen but you didn't intend it to. Make a version with nothing remotely interesting, call it the vanilla carboard mix and people will love it.

Your soundwork is good. Balance is pretty good too. personally, I'd like to hear the piece grow into a real journey but for library, you tend to have to stay in the same spot.

:-)

Benedict wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 3:09 am Hi Wags, listening to Ancient Mysteries:

Ok that is different from you. But good.

It is amazing that people these days are so opposed to narrative in music. Sheesh. The noises all start to point to something. That something doesn't happen but you didn't intend it to. Make a version with nothing remotely interesting, call it the vanilla carboard mix and people will love it.

Your soundwork is good. Balance is pretty good too. personally, I'd like to hear the piece grow into a real journey but for library, you tend to have to stay in the same spot.

:-)
Well, I'm kind of feeling my way around here. This is all new to me. I'll have a better idea what direction to go once I start submitting this stuff and it either gets accepted or rejected, If this style and approach gets accepted, I'm not going to mess with success and just keep doing stuff like this. If it's rejected, then I'll try something else.

Of course after I finish this library (about 10-12 tracks) I'm going to try something different for the next library anyway. Since I've got about 12 weeks until I hear from Music Vine, I might as well build up a few collections of various styles and then see which one catches on, if any of them do.

Like I said, this is all new and, quite honestly, I have no idea what I'm doing. Not yet.

Hopefully, by the middle of next year I'll have a better idea.

Benedict wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 3:09 am It is amazing that people these days are so opposed to narrative in music. Sheesh.
Opposed to narrative in music? It has to be bridge verse chorus bridge verse chorus, and no suprises. :party: It's hard enuf being horny and insecure at the same time.

This one I really like. I can so envision the scene for this one.

All comments are welcome.

https://soundcloud.com/steven-wagenheim/pet-cemetary

Wow! Good one. :tu:

Etienne1973 wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 4:07 pm
Wow! Good one. :tu:
Glad you liked it.

i could imagine that in a few different settings :tu:

vurt wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 4:50 pm i could imagine that in a few different settings :tu:
I have a definite scene in mind but yeah, who knows what somebody might use it for. Let me just get it accepted by somebody first.

Would fit nicely on some game background music

Distorted Horizon wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 6:12 pm Would fit nicely on some game background music
Yeah, I can hear that.

I created a playlist for these tracks. It's on the first page on top. It will be updated with each new track. That way you guys won't have to go hunting for these things.

I was going to work on vocals for my latest pop music track (decided to do both) but my wife is home and in the room and I can't sing while she's in the room. So I decided to do another production music track.

All comments are welcome.

https://soundcloud.com/steven-wagenheim ... the-jungle

Return to “Music Cafe”