August Contest: Gossip

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

donkey tugger wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2019 6:19 pm
vurt wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2019 5:42 pm
donkey tugger wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2019 5:33 pm
vurt wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2019 5:27 pm
el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2019 5:16 pm
vurt wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2019 5:06 pm

are you just tryna wind donks up? :hihi:
I don't know why that track popped into my head, but I had this feeling that Donks would not like the idea. Must've picked up a sense of it via osmosis :D

Is it just that track, or Jarre in general?
synths in general really :lol:
I f**king love em.
you've changed.
be voting for boris next.
c**t.
He's a reasonable chap, with a good haircut, and the benefit of a good education. Europe? Europe?! EUROPE?!?!?!

Nice hair too!

I like the idea of making a tribute album.
Many paid and free VSTs as well as Kontakt libraries. As well as HW synths/drum machine and acoustic instruments.

We interrupt this program with a small intermezzo..

EatMe - JMJ - oxygen 4.mp3

Renoise project file

EatMe wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2019 8:06 pm We interrupt this program with a small intermezzo..

EatMe - JMJ - oxygen 4.mp3

Renoise project file
Nice job! Will definitely check the Renoise file, also :tu:

Hmm. Folks seem to want to all do a cover of the same instrumental track. The fifth reply to the post was Vurt suggesting songs about biscuits. An anagram for "biscuits" is "is cubist" and the only composer I know who "is cubist" is Éric Satie... Hmm...
GLHF! (Gandalf Lives, Hobbits Forever!)

DrApostropheX wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2019 10:33 pm Hmm. Folks seem to want to all do a cover of the same instrumental track. The fifth reply to the post was Vurt suggesting songs about biscuits. An anagram for "biscuits" is "is cubist" and the only composer I know who "is cubist" is Éric Satie... Hmm...
Jim Nopides?

Going back to Music Bird's list at the top of the thread, there are some excellent suggestions there. I'm particularly liking the Art Rock idea.

Oh, no, wait! I think I have it.

DrApostropheX wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2019 10:59 am Oh, no, wait! I think I have it.

Anyone who had their money on an Oyxgene cover will be pleased. Anyone who doesn't like Oxygene has room to do something different. It's a win-win-win!

Or it's a terrible idea. Whichever it is, PLEASE keep your comments respectful.

DrApostropheX wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2019 11:12 am … "French Music" in general, whatever that means to you (please keep it respectful, though, and don't cause an international incident).
Yeah, we wouldn't want to end up in a new ASAP Rocky trial, would we? Emmanuel Macron interfering!
To be is to do — Socrates.
To do is to be — Jean-Paul Sartre.
Do be do be do — Frank Sinatra.

Would Ca Plane Pour Moi by The Plastic Bertrand Band count as traditional French Music? It's very easy to realize that the musicians must have had lots of baguettes and red wine before playing this!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9N4Hhw3HN78
To be is to do — Socrates.
To do is to be — Jean-Paul Sartre.
Do be do be do — Frank Sinatra.

DrApostropheX wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2019 11:12 am Anyone who had their money on an Oyxgene cover will be pleased. Anyone who doesn't like Oxygene has room to do something different. It's a win-win-win!

Or it's a terrible idea. Whichever it is, PLEASE keep your comments respectful.
so a musical adaptation of the marquis de sade writings?

https://youtu.be/8HAg7D_nYow

nice!

Gainsbourg... :love:

Return to “Music Cafe”