Watch sexy shuffle girls dance to my new track "Warehouse"!

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

wagtunes wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 2:49 pm My Feedback

Music - 0
Instruments - 5
Performance - 7
Mix - 8

Overall - 5

Comments: Well, since nobody wants to comment on the music, I guess I will. Mix is decent. Musically, it's annoying as hell. I guess there's a market for this but I'm not it.
Yes, clearly, you are not. To help the OP frame your opinion, I'm going to link one of your attempts at trance here:

https://soundcloud.com/steven-wagenheim ... ead-master

God, is this thing over yet? Thank God, finally. Dreadful. Just dreadful.
I seem to recall that both you and jancivil got really bent out of shape when people made similar comments about your music? IIRC, there were many demands to stick to talking about the music on musical terms. These demands were followed by much wailing and gnashing of teeth.
jancivil wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 8:03 am "underground" - so precious, so special
It's an adjective that communicates something about the style to an educated listener, like "cool" jazz.
When a music needs to be explained through a social activity... isn't it evident you found it needed that help?
I've not said anything about the track, my criticism is of Wag's review which betrays his ignorance of the expectations of DJ music. In short, he doesn't know how to listen to it. This is not a new idea and it is not unique to DJ music. The only thing that is evident here is your need to spread disdain for music that you don't like.

@ghettosynth, please reconsider (by maybe just deleting it all). This will just drag out to nowhere decent and not even entertaining.

ghettosynth wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 7:49 pm
wagtunes wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 2:49 pm My Feedback

Music - 0
Instruments - 5
Performance - 7
Mix - 8

Overall - 5

Comments: Well, since nobody wants to comment on the music, I guess I will. Mix is decent. Musically, it's annoying as hell. I guess there's a market for this but I'm not it.
Yes, clearly, you are not. To help the OP frame your opinion, I'm going to link one of your attempts at trance here:

https://soundcloud.com/steven-wagenheim ... ead-master

God, is this thing over yet? Thank God, finally. Dreadful. Just dreadful.
I seem to recall that both you and jancivil got really bent out of shape when people made similar comments about your music? IIRC, there were many demands to stick to talking about the music on musical terms. These demands were followed by much wailing and gnashing of teeth.
jancivil wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 8:03 am "underground" - so precious, so special
It's an adjective that communicates something about the style to an educated listener, like "cool" jazz.
When a music needs to be explained through a social activity... isn't it evident you found it needed that help?
I've not said anything about the track, my criticism is of Wag's review which betrays his ignorance of the expectations of DJ music. In short, he doesn't know how to listen to it. This is not a new idea and it is not unique to DJ music. The only thing that is evident here is your need to spread disdain for music that you don't like.
Are you done?

Learn how to listen to music.

Man, I gotta put THAT one in my list of ridiculous things I have to LEARN how to do.

You crack me up Ghetto. :lol:

elxsound wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 7:52 pm @ghettosynth, please reconsider (by maybe just deleting it all). This will just drag out to nowhere decent and not even entertaining.
Well, too late now, but, I thought about it and decided it better that we stop enabling this nonsense.

In any case, I hope that the OP realizes that KVR is not really the place to share dance music if you're looking for qualified feedback.

ghettosynth wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 8:02 pm
elxsound wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 7:52 pm @ghettosynth, please reconsider (by maybe just deleting it all). This will just drag out to nowhere decent and not even entertaining.
Well, too late now, but, I thought about it and decided it better that we stop enabling this nonsense.

In any case, I hope that the OP realizes that KVR is not really the place to share dance music if you're looking for qualified feedback.
KVR is a mixed bag. Results will vary depending on who’s up to responding and the shuffle girls probably got more to respond than usual.

If he really wanted people who know this style of music to respond he would have went with that instead of trying to get as many people’s attention he could, by advertising shuffle girls.

When my mother put on South Pacific for the first time at age 5, nobody had to teach me how to listen to it.

When she put on classical music for me at age 3 for the first time, nobody had to teach me how to listen to it.

Nobody had to teach me how to listen to pop, rock, jazz, country, blues, metal, or any of the other dozens of genres of music that I listen to on a regular basis. Go check out my Music Round Robin thread over at everything else music. I probably listen to more kinds of music than 90% of the people here.

Nobody had to teach me to listen to any of it.

So this nonsense about having to LEARN how to listen to music is the biggest load of bull shit I've ever heard in my life in regard to anything music related.

And let me tell you, I've heard a lot of weird opinions over the years.

Wow! Just wow!

elxsound wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 8:36 pm who’s up to responding and the shuffle girls probably got more to respond than usual.
:oops: busted!

elxsound wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 8:36 pm

KVR is a mixed bag. Results will vary depending on who’s up to responding and the shuffle girls probably got more to respond than usual.

If he really wanted people who know this style of music to respond he would have went with that instead of trying to get as many people’s attention he could, by advertising shuffle girls.
I stand by my statement, KVR is not the place to get qualified feedback on dance music. That's a statistical statement, it doesn't negate that some, many even, people here know what makes a good dance track. That the promotion was cheesy doesn't negate these ideas.

You can just do better elsewhere.

Good attempt at the 90s sound and especially the well known FX, but in fairness this lacked direction as a track and it got a tad boring after about 1 min. The drop around 1 min lacked weight - the bass and drums should have come in heavier.
I thought you were going to break into some acid (ala Josh Wink etc at one point) but sadly nothing much - the brief attempt around 2 mins was very short lived and felt like a filler for a few seconds.
The sampled vocal was overused and felt very predictable (so was tuned out like white noise) after about the 5th time.
Sorry to be harsh but this feels very much like a paint-by-numbers throwaway effort rather than anything playable in a club for example (which is surely the 90s style you were going for?).

Nice dancing in the video by alleged sexy shuffle girls.

dark water wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 8:51 pm Good attempt at the 90s sound and especially the well known FX, but in fairness this lacked direction as a track and it got a tad boring after about 1 min. The drop around 1 min lacked weight - the bass and drums should have come in heavier.
I thought you were going to break into some acid (ala Josh Wink etc at one point) but sadly nothing much - the brief attempt around 2 mins was very short lived and felt like a filler for a few seconds.
The sampled vocal was overused and felt very predictable (so was tuned out like white noise) after about the 5th time.
Sorry to be harsh but this feels very much like a paint-by-numbers throwaway effort rather than anything playable in a club for example (which is surely the 90s style you were going for?).

You seem to know what you're talking about.

Hey ghetto, I guess he's not qualified to comment on it either.

wagtunes wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 8:53 pm
dark water wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 8:51 pm Good attempt at the 90s sound and especially the well known FX, but in fairness this lacked direction as a track and it got a tad boring after about 1 min. The drop around 1 min lacked weight - the bass and drums should have come in heavier.

You seem to know what you're talking about.

Hey ghetto, I guess he's not qualified to comment on it either.
No, that's a qualified review. It's not a positive review, and that's ok, not everyone will agree with everything that he's saying, but he knows dance music, you don't. He also didn't take the opportunity to just be an asshole and say things like "god is it over yet."

Perhaps he'd like to review your trance track that I posted above? I suspect not.

^^ I'm staying out of this argument :p

ghettosynth wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 8:49 pm
elxsound wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 8:36 pm

I stand by my statement, KVR is not the place to get qualified feedback on dance music. That's a statistical statement, it doesn't negate that some, many even, people here know what makes a good dance track. That the promotion was cheesy doesn't negate these ideas.

You can just do better elsewhere.
Statistical? Please do tell us more.

Wags, Kudos to you for taking the time to comment on many of the postings here. You even listen to stuff you probably know you won't like just from the titles. Hopefully the OP posted to a variety of sites so as to get a cross-section of opinions.

dark water wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 9:06 pm ^^ I'm staying out of this argument :p
Too late! You’re in too deep! It’s all dark water now!

Return to “Music Cafe”