vurt - horror geet crush (dark ambient guitar piece)[actually rather bloody good as well]{do not miss!}

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

experimental.crow wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 12:47 am a fevered dream that left my head all large and muzzy ...
relentless ...
inevitable really ...
sometimes at night i dream i kill my brother harvey...

thanks for listening :)

jethrobull wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 5:31 am Very nice,floating through space. Sounds are lovely with great placement. Thoroughly enjoyed this cinematic journey.

glad you enjoyed.

Listened to a bit of this. Much more 'musical' than others in this vein, orchestral sound-groups appear and the time shaping is more coherent. And it's Epic[/thread]. I think it's good.

jancivil wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2019 2:48 pm Listened to a bit of this. Much more 'musical' than others in this vein, orchestral sound-groups appear and the time shaping is more coherent. And it's Epic[/thread]. I think it's good.
yeah, i was surprised at some of the sounds coming from a bit of distorted guitar.
morphagene is basically a tape splice and recorder all in one, to think how long it would have taken to do this with actual physical tape.
gives me a whole new appreciation when listening back to those earliest of experiments. those people had stamina! :hail:

Much more approachable than other stuff I've heard from you, and really enjoyable :tu:

Epic Darkness.
“The American fascist would prefer not to use violence. His method is to poison the channels of public information.”
-Henry A. Wallace

Pretty trippy and ominous.

Kind of a cross pollination of Lou Reed and Pink Floyd.

This would be great wedding preliminaries music and then break into Wagner for the kick off. :lol:

el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2019 5:12 pm Much more approachable than other stuff I've heard from you, and really enjoyable :tu:
yeah, i do ocassionally like to go "normaler" :hihi:
nice to see you in here :tu:
thanks for the listen glad you enjoyed :)

Bombadil wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2019 7:26 pm Epic Darkness.
and said by a legend no less 8)
thanks for taking time out on your jollys :)

fastlanephil wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2019 11:55 pm Pretty trippy and ominous.

Kind of a cross pollination of Lou Reed and Pink Floyd.

This would be great wedding preliminaries music and then break into Wagner for the kick off. :lol:
i like that dark ominous tones lead you to "wedding" :lol:
im guessing there's a long story behind that :o

nice vibes in this one...reminds me of an 80s sci fi score...very menacing, and has real depth. Those modules you listed...is that your entire modular setup? I am tempted to go down that route myself...without going too deep through the rabbit hole ... :P

frank1985 wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 11:32 pm nice vibes in this one...reminds me of an 80s sci fi score...very menacing, and has real depth. Those modules you listed...is that your entire modular setup? I am tempted to go down that route myself...without going too deep through the rabbit hole ... :P
thanks. yeah i get the sci fi vibe, happens a lot, but i am and always have been a geek, so it's probably been a huge influence.
where, if people ask like most people i name bands and artists, but film and tv has easily been as big a part of my life.

as for the modules, no, that's just the fx, well morphagene is more than that but gets used that way :hihi:

the full thing is

actually :o
that needs updating
it's pretty much full now.

vurt wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 12:11 am
frank1985 wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 11:32 pm nice vibes in this one...reminds me of an 80s sci fi score...very menacing, and has real depth. Those modules you listed...is that your entire modular setup? I am tempted to go down that route myself...without going too deep through the rabbit hole ... :P
as for the modules, no, that's just the fx, well morphagene is more than that but gets used that way :hihi:

the full thing is

Ah right, screw that actually...I’d need the salary of a Mexican drug lord to afford that sort of gear. 1.5k is my limit but I think that’ll barely scratch the surface in the modular world. What sort of dough did you drop on all that, if u don’t mind me asking?

yeah, my system did indeed go over your budget, says 5k on modular grid, but that's at full prices.
ive grabbed a lot from ebay so it's probably closer to 4.

however, you dont have to spend a massive amount for modular, it depends what you want from your system.
my bugbrand system (not pictured) is about 2ks worth tops, and is a more than capable synth, few oscillators, filters and fx with some modulation. sounds great too.

with the eurorack i decided that i wanted a system eventually where i can do anything. it's probably a neverending project, well maybe space will end it, or more likely my demise :o
i can always find more space :hihi:

it really depends what you want from the synth you are building.

might be worth at least playing with one of the soft options, see if the work flow suits.
as much as i personally enjoy it, it's not for everyone, especially when you factor in lack of presets, or additional noise, tuning and so on...

hope that helps in some way.

ps: you also have the semi modular options, 0coast/neutron and so on and on :)

Return to “Music Cafe”