Two songs to share

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Apologies to anyone who had to listen to this. I'm sorry.
Last edited by Wholiveira on Sat Jul 27, 2019 9:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

My Feedback (Ghosts)

Music - 8.5
Instruments - 9
Performance - 8.5
Mix - 9.5

Overall - 8.875

Comments: Creepy sounding. I guess that's what you were going for. Good job. Think it would be good for a soundtrack of some kind.

wagtunes wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 10:47 pm My Feedback (Ghosts)

Music - 8.5
Instruments - 9
Performance - 8.5
Mix - 9.5

Overall - 8.875

Comments: Creepy sounding. I guess that's what you were going for. Good job. Think it would be good for a soundtrack of some kind.
It's really just a lucky accident that it isn't an atonal horrorshow. I will delete the soundcloud account and promise to never post again.
Last edited by Wholiveira on Sat Jul 27, 2019 9:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

My Feedback (Two Love Songs)

Music - 7
Instruments - 8.5
Performance - 8
Mix - 8.5

Overall - 8

Comments: Not as much into this as the first one. Too raunchy for my tastes. It's kind of like atmospheric metal, which doesn't quite work for me. For what it is, it's well done. Just not my cup of tea musically. That violin, or whatever it is, sounds either out of tune or warped. Probably done purposely. Very odd piece.

wagtunes wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 11:25 pm My Feedback (Two Love Songs)

Music - 7
Instruments - 8.5
Performance - 8
Mix - 8.5

Overall - 8

Comments: Not as much into this as the first one. Too raunchy for my tastes. It's kind of like atmospheric metal, which doesn't quite work for me. For what it is, it's well done. Just not my cup of tea musically. That violin, or whatever it is, sounds either out of tune or warped. Probably done purposely. Very odd piece.
I don't really know what I'm doing in any regard.
Last edited by Wholiveira on Sat Jul 27, 2019 9:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

The first track (Ghosts) is quite gloomy, but in a pleasing way, if that makes any sense at all. The piece progresses in an unpredictable manner without sounding awkward or fragmented.

Good work :)

seismic1 wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 10:47 pm The first track (Ghosts) is quite gloomy, but in a pleasing way, if that makes any sense at all. The piece progresses in an unpredictable manner without sounding awkward or fragmented.

I'm sorry.
Last edited by Wholiveira on Sat Jul 27, 2019 9:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

"Ghosts" starts nicely but by half way through I am losing interest as no melodic or narrative focus has developed which is a shame (for me) as the main sounds are nice and evocative. The drum line is average (as in they all sound like this). A melody would have had me hooked.

"Love Songs" starts in a similar vein but does develop that jarring "violin" which I like. Again though the concern for me is that you tend to create loops and sit on them instead of leading us through a similar/different landscape from variations. Overall tho this piece is better construction - if not exactly easy listening.

Both have a nice enough mix tone but I get the feeling that your pieces could really do with you starting with a melodic and narrative arrangement so you have a Story Arc - Home>Leaving>Adventure>Climax>Return. Then add the effects to support.

:-)

Both efforts seem to be going for horror genre soundtrack. As is I think they would work better supporting visuals than as a listening experience. If you want to create a stronger listening experience then try injecting sort of some musical ideas into all these sounds and effects which have some merit.

"Two Love Songs" - I can imagine the camera panning around a smouldering wasteland, eventually coming to rest at the sight of a blind violinist wearing a tattered raincoat, and sitting on what used to be a street-corner, hoping for a passer-by to throw some change into his upturned hat. Unfortunately, there haven't been any passers-by for weeks.

I'm a lying piece of shit with no musical or academic background. Sorry.

Return to “Music Cafe”