June Contest: Gossip

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

donkey tugger wrote: Sun Jun 02, 2019 7:24 pm
el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote: Sun Jun 02, 2019 8:08 am growing mustard-cress
There was some shite on Radio 4 yesterday about cress being a 'super food'. Obviously 'super foods' must be bland as f**k then.
no such thing as a " superfood", ask any doctor, just more marketing bullshit to sell weeds to hipsters

i was gonna have a go this month, havent entered for years ( :o)

unfortunately, i know nothing about computer games or their music, past or present

does Defender sound fx count?
pew pew?

maybe next month...

AnX wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2019 6:01 am
There was some shite on Radio 4 yesterday about cress being a 'super food'. Obviously 'super foods' must be bland as f**k then.
no such thing as a " superfood", ask any doctor, just more marketing bullshit to sell weeds to hipsters
Why would you ask a doctor? Doctors notoriously have very little nutritional training, and are incentivised to prescribe pills over lifestyle change. Consulting a registered dietician/nutritionist would be the way to go for people who want to use lifestyle changes to cure lifestyle diseases

"Superfood" is pretty useless as a term in and of itself. However, relatively speaking, certain foods can definitely provide better micronutrient-per-calorie profiles (nutrient density), making them superior to other foods which have a much lower nutrient density.

el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2019 6:35 am
AnX wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2019 6:01 am
Why would you ask a doctor? Doctors notoriously have very little nutritional training, and are incentivised to prescribe pills over lifestyle change. Consulting a registered dietician/nutritionist would be the way to go for people who want to use lifestyle changes to cure lifestyle diseases
Seriously? so you wouldnt trust a doctor to know about nutrition and how foods affect the body, but you would trust a nutritionist to advise you to about what foods can allegedly cure diseases (a medical condition)

ok, you do that then. :nutter:

anyway, this is way OT, so i will respectfully cease :tu:

el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2019 6:35 am certain foods can definitely provide better micronutrient-per-calorie profiles (nutrient density), making them superior to other foods which have a much lower nutrient density.

I'm sure cress is perfectly nutritious, when sprinkled on actual food.

AnX wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2019 6:43 amSeriously? so you wouldnt trust a doctor to know about nutrition and how foods affect the body
Like I said, Doctors (as in General Practitioner) do not get much in the way of nutrition training. The highest I've heard of is 24 hours over a 5-6 year degree. However, it can be as low as 8 hours, over the same amount of years.
AnX wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2019 6:43 ambut you would trust a nutritionist to advise you to about what foods can allegedly cure diseases (a medical condition)
You missed the part where I said lifestyle diseases i.e illness most often resulting from bad lifestyle habits e.g Diabetes II, high blood pressure, high cholesterol etc. In most cases, these illnesses can be cured with changes in lifestyle, which a registered dietician can help advise. A GP will just send you packing with pills[/quote]

el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2019 6:57 am
AnX wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2019 6:43 amSeriously? so you wouldnt trust a doctor to know about nutrition and how foods affect the body

Like I said, Doctors (as in General Practitioner) do not get much in the way of nutrition training. The highest I've heard of is 24 hours over a 5-6 year degree. However, it can be as low as 8 hours, over the same amount of years.
AnX wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2019 6:43 ambut you would trust a nutritionist to advise you to about what foods can allegedly cure diseases (a medical condition)
You missed the part where I said lifestyle diseases i.e illness most often resulting from bad lifestyle habits e.g Diabetes II, high blood pressure, high cholesterol etc. In most cases, these illnesses can be cured with changes in lifestyle, which a registered dietician can help advise. A GP will just send you packing with pills
maybe Drs are diff where you are

i didnt miss that part, i know lots of ppl my age who suffer from exactly those kinda things, and the GPs insist on lifestyle changes before they prescribe, except in extreme cases. (much to the annoyance of some lazy c**ts :hihi:)

anyway, i did say i would cease, dont goad me :lol:

AnX wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2019 7:03 am
el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2019 6:57 am

You missed the part where I said lifestyle diseases i.e illness most often resulting from bad lifestyle habits e.g Diabetes II, high blood pressure, high cholesterol etc. In most cases, these illnesses can be cured with changes in lifestyle, which a registered dietician can help advise. A GP will just send you packing with pills
maybe Drs are diff where you are

i didnt miss that part, i know lots of ppl my age who suffer from exactly those kinda things, and the GPs insist on lifestyle changes before they prescribe, except in extreme cases. (much to the annoyance of some lazy c**ts :hihi:)

anyway, i did say i would cease, dont goad me :lol:
While things are definitely slowly starting to change, it's still all about the luck of the draw. And yes, in Spain, most people of a certain age seem to be on some medication or other.

donkey tugger wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2019 6:48 am I'm sure cress is perfectly nutritious, when sprinkled on actual food.
I'm sure you're right :tu:

el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2019 7:13 am
donkey tugger wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2019 6:48 am I'm sure cress is perfectly nutritious, when sprinkled on actual food.
Good, now we've sorted that out. Video games. They're for kids. :hihi:

Hmm...i didn't think this challenge was interesting until i read all posts. It appears as many of you have problems with how to interpretate this into a song.
Now it really feels like a challenge.
...but i probably bail out as usual.
Don't judge me to hard.

el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2019 7:13 am

mmm chips n cress! my favourite :D

AnX wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2019 6:03 am i was gonna have a go this month, havent entered for years ( :o)

unfortunately, i know nothing about computer games or their music, past or present

does Defender sound fx count?
pew pew?

maybe next month...
seriously, gta.
it's a free for all :hihi:

how others vote on your interpretation i cant say...

The only chip tune I can remember is from the days of games on cassette tapes. This would be in the preloader and would drive you nuts while you waited for the game to (maybe) load :(
The thing is I can't remember what the game was now :lol:
It wasn't me! (well, actually, it probably was) - apparently now an 'elderly' so maybe I forgot!

Return to “Music Cafe”