June Contest: Gossip

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hey! It's almost time for a new contest. Who would like to write (or remix, or record a cover of) some video game music???

They're for kids.

donkey tugger wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 8:30 pm They're for kids.
just do hip hop or metal, say its "gta".
youll be fine :tu:

What are the specifics of a video games soundtrack , nowadays? I cannot see any.

DrApostropheX wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 8:26 pm Hey! It's almost time for a new contest. Who would like to write (or remix, or record a cover of) some video game music???

Yes

I just made this
https://youtu.be/c13on7a7Adw
Did I win already?

Actually, it's not a cover.
:-)

I like that! It's very chippy. Maybe we could get more specific and specifically call out chip-tune or chip-tune inspired songs. Or maybe make it more thematic... like do a track inspired by the golden age of computer and video games (1980s, let's say). So you could do a SID-inspired track, or synthwave, or what have you.
GLHF! (Gandalf Lives, Hobbits Forever!)

DrApostropheX wrote: Thu May 30, 2019 12:47 pm I like that! It's very chippy. Maybe we could get more specific and specifically call out chip-tune or chip-tune inspired songs. Or maybe make it more thematic... like do a track inspired by the golden age of computer and video games (1980s, let's say). So you could do a SID-inspired track, or synthwave, or what have you.
Thanks and yes, more specific is lots better. Brutal crushing limits is what makes true creativity.

DrApostropheX wrote: Thu May 30, 2019 12:47 pm Maybe we could get more specific and specifically call out chip-tune or chip-tune inspired songs. Or maybe make it more thematic... like do a track inspired by the golden age of computer and video games (1980s, let's say). So you could do a SID-inspired track, or synthwave, or what have you.
Yes more specific is good.

Time for the June thread, we wanna know. Also hoping for multiple entries per person.
Last edited by Hellfog on Sat Jun 01, 2019 5:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I've already got the salsa.
(I'm actually satchnut -- This account is so I can post my KeyOSC tracks to KVR)

Thanks for the submissions thread. Chip-tune, 80's video games vibe, I think I know exactly what it is. But synthwave?

Synthwave is really just people pretending to do New Wave-80s Pop. Only like Retrowave it is really EDM with shades of Tron and Night Rider with pink-purple glowing artwork. Right up there with Dungeon Synth (which claims to be Medieval synth music like that heard in a dungeon) for irrationality.

Too bad only one entry per person, but no time limit open up for Crimson style.

Are cover versions still allowed? If so, only videogame covers or is it possible to make chiptue/synthwave interpretations of other songs?

Return to “Music Cafe”