April Contest: Gossip

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

wagtunes wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2019 10:23 am

1. Record the guitar part twice.

Pffft....Six times at least. :hihi:

donkey tugger wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2019 10:41 am

1. Record the guitar part twice.

Pffft....Six times at least. :hihi:
Too lazy. :lol:

1. Record the guitar part twice. Thus each performance is slightly different.
I actually did record the chorus twice. One of the guitars has a capo, so I guess it's obvious it's two guitars. Thanks anyway for the tip.
To be is to do — Socrates.
To do is to be — Jean-Paul Sartre.
Do be do be do — Frank Sinatra.

per99 wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2019 10:59 am
1. Record the guitar part twice. Thus each performance is slightly different.
I actually did record the chorus twice. One of the guitars has a capo, so I guess it's obvious it's two guitars. Thanks anyway for the tip.
Then I'm not exactly sure what the problem is. Of course I haven't listened to the track yet and why the comment about the guitars was made. I'll give it a listen when I get a chance.

Saffran wrote: What would Bananaramas "Walk like an egyptian" be without the tambourine?
nothing!
so the bangles did it instead. added tambourine and the rest is history, no one even remembers bananaramas version anymore...

The strumming guitar parts are played just fine. Good chords. It must be the chorus on there that is making the tone blurred. Could be the combination of the low mids of two tracks, the chorus, the high cut, and the reverb taking the sound of the guitar away and creating something flangy and unnatural. 2:25 is very noticeable to me.

@Tbase Thanks for very interesting observations! I guess I should take into consideration to maybe rearrange a little. However, I'd need permission from dr A for a resubmission. We'll see :)

See what @DonkeyTrainer has to add. Dont just take my word for it. Its similar to the sound of a low resolution real media streaming bitrate effect.

Tbase2000 wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2019 2:02 pm
Its similar to the sound of a low resolution real media streaming bitrate effect.
Don't forget this is mp3 - not wav. Never understood this rule, or why it's necessary that you can download the entries.

the rules are in part legacy from the days of dial up :o
so streaming and wav weren't possible really.
well wav was i suppose, but downloading 10/15 entries would have taken all month :lol:

i think "downloadable" they get picked up by the music player too, but im not 100% on that...

vurt wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2019 2:23 pm the rules are in part legacy from the days of dial up :o
so streaming and wav weren't possible really.
well wav was i suppose, but downloading 10/15 entries would have taken all month :lol:
Then I strongly suggest the dr. to have a look at the rules and see if they are possible to update, a little... :)

vurt wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2019 12:03 pm
Saffran wrote:What would Bananaramas "Walk like an egyptian" be without the tambourine?
nothing! so the bangles did it instead. added tambourine and the rest is history, no one even remembers bananaramas version anymore...
You are right. I stand corrected.
I just googled it and found out that i know that...
Why i did the name switch i'll never know. :dog:
I love tambourine sound and will have some in a song sometime.
PS. I feel that i have to be careful of what i promise. My blues thingy went sour. Can't get it to sound like i want it to sound.

Saffran wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2019 5:07 pm
PS. I feel that i have to be careful of what i promise. My blues thingy went sour. Can't get it to sound like i want it to sound.
its all just for fun, so don't sweat it too much :tu:
plus, we learn as much from the things where were not happy as we do from the successes, if not more so!

Just my 2d
I'd be quite annoyed if the downloadable requirement was dropped :( :cry:
When I'm trying to sort out my preferences to vote, I rapidly chop and change between the entries - can't do that on any streaming service I know of :roll:
It wasn't me! (well, actually, it probably was) - apparently now an 'elderly' so maybe I forgot!

Return to “Music Cafe”