April Contest: Gossip

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

So what is everyone up for next (this) month?

We could do another free for all. It's either that or "Re-imagine Ska for the Future". What do you think?

I think I could do either ska or free for all. A ska song would be fun. I’d have to make some good guitar patches and horns (though I guess synth brass should suffice).
Free for all would be fun. But let’s see what options I have
1. Cover Challenge: you must cover a song of your choice.
2. Jazz: try to do a jazz track.
3. Ska: like above reimagine ska for the future.
4. Video Game Track: either a cover of one, or one for your own made up one.
5. Polka/Circus Music: should be fun.
6. Latino Music: should be fun too. Maybe salsa or Tejano?
7. Do a song from a foreign country (would be covers or originals in another language).
8. Do a song influenced by a certain decade like 60’s, 70’s, 80’s, etc.
9. Reggae: trying to do this would be nice.
10. Bollywood style track.
What do you think about these?
Many paid and free VSTs as well as Kontakt libraries. As well as HW synths/drum machine and acoustic instruments.

Cool theme suggestions for months to come.
This next month I guess a FFA would be fine, imo we need to make it easy for lazy, hesitant entrants
:hihi:

Yeah... I don't want to go too high concept, or get too far up into music theory. FFA always seems like a failure on my part to come up with a theme, but I think it's good to level-set every few months to get more people into the contest, to show off their latest tricks.

And HUGE thanks to Music Bird for those excellent contest ideas! I am going to stea-- I mean, borrow with pride from that list over the next few months, with your permission of course!

The video game covers/original soundtrack idea sounds aces to me. (All Ska sounds like polka/circus music to me, to be honest, though I know it's not :hihi: ).

FFA is fine. However, for the sake of starting the creativity process, I prefer when a direction is hinted at, a concept which can be interpreted in many ways, as Science was. A musical genre is interesting, too, but could be frightening to many people.

@DrApostropheX
Be free to borrow. I'll always have good ideas!
Many paid and free VSTs as well as Kontakt libraries. As well as HW synths/drum machine and acoustic instruments.

Music Bird wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2019 5:58 pm
9. Reggae: trying to do this would be nice.
Too easy - I could just tape my contact mic to my living room floor at 3am on a Saturday morning and press record for 3 minutes.

How about a collaboration? Maybe not.
What about a cover shortlist?
A certain chord progression?
A cover in a different style.
FFA sounds good.
Is materialism devouring your musical output? :ud:

Collaboration ? Given the current number of entries, seems quite... fearless to me.

FFA

It's Spring. That's a theme. Birds and Bees are boning down all day long. Sigh...
60's/70's funkadelic vibes in the air....

Tbase2000 wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2019 3:28 am It's Spring. That's a theme. Birds and Bees are boning down all day long. Sigh...
60's/70's funkadelic vibes in the air....
I am so tempted to make the theme "Free For All - Endless Boning" now. Don't tempt me.. :lol:
GLHF! (Gandalf Lives, Hobbits Forever!)

no time limit? free for all?
are you mad? :hyper:

/runs off to compose 3 hour long drone piece accompanied by stories about fishing.
done by a phone text to speech.

vurt wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2019 8:05 pm no time limit? free for all?
are you mad? :hyper:

/runs off to compose 3 hour long drone piece accompanied by stories about fishing.
done by a phone text to speech.
An armed drone will be heading straight for your studio.

/sets up anti wags missile defence lazer screen :D

Return to “Music Cafe”