Yeah, no

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Sorry, shouldn’t have used the word “mud”. I thought you were implying some sonic fixes were still needed, which is what I meant - where you noted the desire for a fix I thought things were absolutely fine.
Sweet child in time...

There are no finished mixes, there are only abandoned mixes.

I think a couple of things could stand out more and have a more classic tone; but then again I hear records I've lived with all my life and have the same thoughts. I brought up a couple of moments in the mid toms in kit 1 just now, which I appear to have backed off of before. Other things in the mix soak up tone a lot. I was hearing Muffin Man off of Bongo Fury and very jealous of the snare drum and the kick. And that's a live recording.

I also separated the flugelhorn from the trumpet more, and the bass sax (which is only texture really) from the bass clarinet, as to "staging".
To do more regarding the exactitude of reflections and to even think properly about absorption I need MIR Pro, personally, which is a lot of money. Science helps.

This may need 'mastering'.

to me it had a sort of garageband/smokey jazz club feel to the mix if that makes sense.
not your overly perfect everything eqd to fit perfect. but the sound of musicians coming together and having a blast!

Well it's good that it comes across as live. But all these 'people' in that small a space... maybe it seems crowded.

...reaching for an oversized chrome spoon...

The more I listen to this, the more I like it. I do think it's good.

I've only heard it on my monitors, but it sounds great. I'll try it on the main system on Sunday.

Good work :)

I like the mix, I like the toms quite a bit at this point. I think I can imagine Justin's experience albeit I don't have any marijuana so that I can really replicate the issue, there is first of all a big difference in the range of 'mid toms' (identical but treated differently) and 'floor tom 2', and 'floor tom 1' is way down there. I have to turn up the system volume to get there.

f**king iTunes is reducing the gain by 3.7dB I just noticed.

I have to take the time to render it separately :x
Video linked now:

https://youtu.be/C5ZwJnqKgA8
Last edited by jancivil on Thu May 30, 2019 10:06 pm, edited 5 times in total.

I'm listening to the YT version now on the main system. It's much more "rounded" and has a more comfortable, warmer sound. The monitors (KRK Rokit 5s) give this a more edgy character, but that is probably to be expected.

Good work :)

I certainly don't get the title. Can't be a pun that reveals some insight, nope, it's a plain misspelling.

The piece is good, though.

Ah, I should have triple checked.
someone French advised me by PM when I spelled Chaussettes wrong but apparently there was a typo:

"Then, the correct spelling is :

Chaussettes Sinitres"
:cry:

thanks

deleted
Last edited by jancivil on Sat Jan 11, 2020 6:10 pm, edited 3 times in total.

new version, will check when im near the monitors 8)
just here to say, updating the thread title worked see :tu:

Crazy track !
I like it !

(( D ))

Hi, thanks

it certainly seems less crowded (not that that was a bad thing imo, had a smokey jazz bar feel) and theres a couple of details that may have been lost before. this is ;ike the album version compared to the live version :D

Return to “Music Cafe”