Yeah, no

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

jancivil wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 8:06 pm Yep, I must have lost that one. Thanks; replaced link
no probs. missed the reup last night...

jazz from hell! :hyper:
love the fast/slow and delicate/wall of sound! juxtapositions throughout.
that guitar sounds bloody good! powerful!
that bass is boomy too, but not too much, nice work :) supports the wailing axe really well.

8)

jancivil wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2019 12:52 am What I'm working on now. This is, well, it doesn't add up to any 'Theme' but it's the basis for variation, which is where this cut stops.

Basis is a couple of licks Vai transcribed for Zappa which were transformed finally into a moment in Sinister Footwear I.
Which was never performed or released. Only rehearsed in Berkeley [1983] and apparently Berkeley didn't have time to pull it together. So there are these files floating around the internet, since the beginning of the internet really.

They're quantized, clearly from some notation application so it needs some work (eg: some slop) to be anything. I wrote some things and tweezed some things, and the variations will be all mine.

Kind of rough, but kind of hilarious... because it just isn't normal to do this. I went for some noise shit here. A bit horrorshow.

sinister sox
Sorry it took so long for me to get to this. Always look forward to your abstract offerings. This one didn't disappoint. That is one whacked out piece there. lol.

cool, I'm a bit worried about the bass, not so much the boominess but the intonation. And the tone. I'm using a Pre-amp plugin, setting 'Alembic F2B' and it's close.

I have these two Kontour patches which can't really be tuned like normal instruments and the Pre-Bass has issues with high velocity.

the new section is going to pan out but I make a real shift, and the arrangement isn't there so moving forward calls for temperament and judgement.
It should be rather filthy but this shit, I donno

wags wrote:That is one whacked out piece there. lol.
it kinda is :help:

So, this last phrase has to be a Coda typa thing because the arrangement; in order to firm up this sludge what I did concludes the stupid idea.

But it starts up again with a closely related theme, which I just came up with. It went pretty metal but with brass.
It sounds a bit like Filthy Habits, 1988.

Yeah, a finished compo now; So the full version appears here in the OP and the last link, with the intermediate unfinished version in the 2nd link.

I thought about extending the section before the time shifts gears and just ends but it's not happening. I was working around the nested tuplets limitation and... readjusting that much, I have to chop into the middle of this jungle and I just prefer not.

Instead:
Definitely going to reprise the final theme with some twists. Probably starting more acoustically and building again.
Last edited by jancivil on Wed Mar 27, 2019 12:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

what a nightmare. inexplicable.
garbage audio several iterations
Last edited by jancivil on Fri May 03, 2019 8:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I listened to some of your postings on this page. I don't have the musical background to criticise jazz or fusion music at all, but it seems a bit different to other recordings of this genre just because of the added noise snippets which have a more 'Industrial' feel. An unusual combination of sounds. Well done.
Greetings
HM

Hey, thanks

jancivil wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 4:10 am what a nightmare. inexplicable.

Chaussettes Sinitres I
back for a new listen ...
vast improvement on staging herein ...
this is developing nicely ...

I'm at a stage in where I'm looking for subtle things I would be kidding myself I hear, placebo effect but would one day be perceptible.
I don't have the ideal tools for the ultimate mix. I'm making too many guesses.

This has so_much happening it's a rather big job. This morning for some inexplicable reason the Minimoog bass part was incredibly loud now,
But the thing is I didn't take it down to where it was, it works fantastically with the Pre-Bass with just a little more juice. It's so aggressive, this patch.

I have a couple of pretty yooogly patches here, and the electric cello sounds in one spot like something is wrong (it is what it is, it's not a technical audio sort of prob, way short of causing distortion thru too much level), but it kinda works for me

Why do I have so many "odd" socks in my clothes drawer? I mean, what really happens to them? Does somebody prowl into the garden when I'm at the shops and remove a random selection from the washing line? Kids these days :ud:

Just taking a quick listen now

I have two more sections started, one doesn't appear in the renders, the other one isn't complete where the track ends.

it's pretty wide dynamically with this acoustic section following the loud band bits now. It goes electric with a stripped down version of section 2 ultimately, but I need to transition to it.

This

was the impetus. The first 4 bars are more or less copped, only with those horror movie sort of risers interspersing, and some writing I did on top of what's given in [2] and [4]; then I tweezed [5] and reiterated the 11:2 at the end. The material thru 9 is modified and inserted somewhere in there. Then I got out.

deleted
Last edited by jancivil on Fri May 03, 2019 8:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Music Cafe”