vurt - lose yourself! [immersion](deep listening)

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

immersion

spacey/dreamy/lush/other non committal descriptive words

ok ok.. I immersed
now where is the towel
or do I just shake and bake
:oops:

very immersional

My Feedback (Vurt Scale)

Weirdness Factor - 7
Noises/Sounds - 9
Performance - 9.5
Mix - 9.5

Overall - 8.75

Comments: When I opened it up and saw it was 2 hours and 47 minutes I said, "Okay, obviously not listening to the whole track" but I did listen to enough to get the gist as a good way through it appears that it wasn't going to change much. Though at over 2 hours, who knows. Anyway, very musical but not musical. I don't know if that makes any sense. Hard one to critique. Vurt scale doesn't really work but neither does a normal scale. Eerie performance and nice mix. Like the stereo on this one.

oh thanks for the info waggles...
I am still drowning
time to bale .

errr it's about 25 mins?

wtf... I missed the last 3 mins or less...
pffffffffffff

might be 27 or so cant remember exactly
but it's definitely not two hours or more??? :?

28:36

When opening in a new browser is shows 2:47 minutes. I can post a screen print if you like.

on disk:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Steps to recreate

Step 1 - Right click on link.

Step 2 - Choose "Open In New Tab"

This is what you will see.

If my basic time telling skills that I learned in 1st grade haven't left me yet, that's read as 2 hours, 47 minutes and 26 seconds.

When I saw that, I said "Okay, I'll listen to some of it." I listened to roughly 13 minutes of the track.

If the link is displaying the time of the track incorrectly, I have no explanation for that. Perhaps Vurt will look into it.

It shows 3:05:16 here in latest Firefox. Maybe the browsers are getting confused by the VBR encoding?
Image Image Image Image

That's really weird, then. Stepping through the web version, finding a point definitely beyond 28:36 it's still going with a LONG way before it *looks like* it ends.
But I downloaded it twice: the mp3 pictured there actually has a not-trivial fade out finishing in that time. Not resembling what happens at that reported point in the web version. I think something is wrong there.

the VBR is giving inaccurate time length. it IS a 28:36 minute track ;)
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

Woah. An indistinct cloud of years have passed since my last plunge, and it is as if vurt's music never ceased to move and crawl deep Inside my speakers. Relaxing and surprisingly appealing.

Return to “Music Cafe”