Wopelka--Deep Prophets--Electronic Music

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

https://soundcloud.com/wopelka/deep-prophets

Hi all,

It's been a long time since I posted something here. This one went out of me quite smoothly. I tend to think that it will find here the best audience possible.

I had some shine on you crazy diamond fragrance around me working on this one, even though it would be a mistake to look in for any kind of Pink Floyd signature.

Why is this one called Deep Prophets? Mostly because of the fact that the backbones of the music are provided by both Arturia's Prophet V and U-He's Repro.

Some other great plugins are featured: Jamstix 4, Tremor, Chromaphone 2, Gladiator 2,Pianoteq 6
Among others, Presswerk and Ozone 8 have been very useful in the mixing and mastering stages.
Of course, FL Studio is the only DAW I use and I will ever need.

To my ears, the result sound rather good, when taken into account the fact that everything has been produced with a laptop and a pair of good headphones.
But I'm biased and your comments and suggestions are most welcome.

A big Thank You if you are willing to take the time to listen to this track and to write your thoughts here.

Cheers !

Phil
Last edited by Wopelka on Sat Feb 16, 2019 7:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

nice piece of electronica. i like the overall production... nice and dynamic with well chosen sounds...
the deep bass, squirmy pads, crisp drums and quirky sound fx all add up to a wide frequency
circus in the ear. good job :tu:
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

Thanks so much for the nice words. :)

Ozone 8 and the Tonal Balance Control are wonderful tools that have helped me, I think, to reach the next level in terms of mixing and mastering result.

If I had time I would go back to all my old projects in order to make them live a broder and fuller life.

Nice track, well-produced and plenty there to hold interest over its length.

The constant evolution is great, and none of the transitions sound forced. Keeps things interesting, as Baron Farg said.

Cool, thanks a lot for the feedback ! :tu:

My Feedback

Music - 8.5
Instruments - 8
Performance - 10
Mix - 10

Overall - 9.125

Comments: Don't usually listen to tracks this long but as it was a personal request, I made the time. Well, immediately reminds me of later Kraftwerk, like around the time of Trans Europe Express. I went into this realizing that the length of the track would mean that the changes would come slowly. I have a personal problem with stuff repeating over and over with little or no change. I guess I don't have the patience I did when I was 20. However, in this track, the repetition didn't seem as pronounced. I can't quite explain why. I just know that it kept my interest all the way through. And that's hard to do on an 11 minute track. Anyway, piece seems to have several moods to it. It's not all Kraftwerk. There are other elements that I can't quite pinpoint at the moment. Some Gentle Giant maybe. Maybe a little Genesis circa 1975. This is really an odd duck of a piece. It seems to cover a wide range of eras. Musically, it's interesting enough. The mix is excellent. Can't find anything to complain about. Performance is great. The sounds, eh. Nothing really incredibly interesting but that's pretty common for the genre itself. It was all pretty basic stuff. But it fits. The piano is a nice contrast. I could definitely imagine this being a minor selling LP back in the mid to late 70s.

ok, yeah... i see you commenting quite frequently.
as we all do, we offer tips, our opinions and what not...
then wags pulls this up and i am reminded...
oh yeah, this guy can give noteworthy feedback.
just listen to his work :tu:

A big thank you for taking the time. My idea was to have several distinct episodes melt together without losing the overall sense of unity. A kind of symphonic mouvement, if you allow such an unfitting comparison. Some timbres / patches are used all along with such a purpose in mind.

its a great technique for longer pieces, it keep the interest peaked. i gotta try it soon!

i enjoyed that, visited some nice places along the way, yet always kept in touch with home 8)

the synth leads in some of the parts are lush! :tu:
nice work, great way to return :D

Thanks for the nice words. Is it properly speaking a return, or just a passing-by ? The future will tell.

Nice evolution and progression.

Most interesting is how the rhythms and counter rhythms evolve and change.

Nice work.

Wopelka,
Whenever someone reviews my music (thank you!), I wonder what state or country they are from (you are from Helvetia, where is that?; Arizona or Oregon?). Though I am pretty certain you are from planet Earth. I own both "Prophets" that you do also. The LFO strings remind me of Gary Numan (good). I like the piano parts, they are somewhat of a surprise with all of the synths. I realize you might not sing, though I wouldn't mind hearing some vocals on this. I am glad it is not too repetitive, because that often happens with synth instrumentals; especially for a song that is pretty long. That lead synth at 10:50 reminds me of 'The Rockford Files' (a 70's TV show) theme song. Nice song and recording! :)
You can hear my original music at this link: https://www.soundclick.com/artist/defau ... dID=224436

Brilliant at first but it overstays its welcome at 11 minutes. I'll pretend it fades out at 5:07 and give it a big thumbs up. :tu:

Return to “Music Cafe”