Orbital Forest [downtempo/ambient]

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

https://soundcloud.com/tuzemec/orbital-forest

It's weird how many parts were left out from the final mix :)
But I like how it shaped at the end. A lot of Omnisphere, Kontakt Libraries and a bit of Diva and Re-Pro.
I have a problem with how the tabla sounds, but it's just another compromise that I have to live with. :shrug:

hmmm well, ok you used a bunch of top dollar stuff but to me, the way you produced it, it sounds like something made with general midi soundfonts. i dunno, might be because of the plain vanilla sounds and the lack of dynamics and the overall lack of punch of the percussion. the song itself is a nice, chill listen, however.

I think everyone here knows how i feel about Omni, so take this with a grain of salt.
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

The composition has a very nice flow, building as it goes. There is a lot of potential here. :tu:

I am in agreement with Layzer. The mix lacks dynamics and the sounds are not very distinctive.

Thanks for the feedback, guys.
Yeah, agree on the lack of punch. I wanted the track to have a mellow feel, but it seems that I over did it a bit :)

Cheers!

I really like this track. Very nice feel. When the full groove is there I would have love to have it more "distinct" with more power, if you know what I mean. Maybe the "pads" are a bit too upfront in the mix? I know it's an ambient track, but still... Nice work.

Nice, chill piece of psybient music. It reminds me of some of the early Shpongle stuff.

Good work :)

Return to “Music Cafe”