Rasta in Space

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

https://soundcloud.com/skoshu/rasta-in-space

this tune has made me feel good on numerous occasions. may you feel the same!

a rasta in space. whatever a rasta is.

My Feedback

Music - 8.5
Instruments - 8.5
Performance - 9.5
Mix - 7.5

Overall - 8.5

Comments: Would have loved to have heard a sax lead over this or something. They keyboard melodic line is cool but I think something softer over the top would have been a nice contrast. All in all, well done. Mix a little hot and dry for my taste but that's just a personal thing. Very well played.

Really cool track super funky!

wagtunes wrote: Mon Feb 04, 2019 11:53 pm Mix a little hot and dry for my taste
agree, its like "here have this all in your face at full throttle....."
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

It’s a little biting to my ear. I think it could use some verb and a remix. It does have a fun, funky feel to it and an interesting cast of characters.

yeah...

it sounds badd on headphones. good headphones that is. i made it on bad ones.

it's true, a good subtle ambience reverb would make this sound better all around. i went with no reverb. bad choice. sounds good on the right speakers though!!

I must have the right speakers. Lively and funktional. A less "dry" snare would probably sit better in the mix, but I enjoyed it anyway.

Good work and welcome back (again) :)

I like the composition more than I like the instrumentation/mix. Sounds a bit dry, and that, coupled with some of the sound choices gives me the feeling of listening to a demo/mock-up rather than the final version.

Some of the sounds have more depth to them, and that in turn improves the overall sound when they come in. A bit of polish is missing, I guess. Adding more depth to the mix and fine-tuning some of the instrument sounds would address most of these concerns.

The composition itself, and the overall funkiness of the instrumentation is fine for the most part. But I think wags is onto something with a sax/something softer. It would provide extra balance.

I agree with all that has already been said. A bit too much compression. Everything is in your face, dry and hard. But a very enjoyable funky track, nonetheless.

Return to “Music Cafe”