February Contest: Gossip

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Perhaps something vocally along these lines;

http://www.bennyleeds7.myfreeola.uk/bw1.mp3

:hihi:

Metal is coming....Ohhhh...rrrr..aaahhhh...ugggg...rrrrrr....sssssss

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rg8aBmwUG9k

Last call for submissions! Voting thread will be posted in a couple of hours, here.
GLHF! (Gandalf Lives, Hobbits Forever!)

February Contest Comments

I normally don't have the desire or time to comment on these tracks. I listen, I vote, I'm done.

But this month, I HAD to make an exception.

I can't even BEGIN to tell you how hard I've spent the last half hour or so laughing myself silly. As talented as some of you are as musicians, you are 10 times more talented as comics. I may actually go back and listen to everything again.

Here was my votes in order

Jonny Quest
Donkey Tugger
Beanpole
Laguna Rising
Hellfog
Mister Natural

Jonny - I was almost in tears from laughing so hard. On a scale of 1-10, I had to give you an 11. And I'm honored that you dedicated that song to me. I wasn't even offended it was so well done.

DT - I really thought you were gonna win this one when it lead off the listening parade. It was very close between you and Jonny. I just laughed a little bit harder at his submissions. But trust me, it was close. Very close.

Beanpole - You scored a 9 out of 10. Ultimately, it was missing something that I couldn't put my finger on. Probably in the music area. Not sure. Any other month, you run away with it. But this month, the competition was off the charts amazing.

Laguna Rising - You weren't far behind beanie. I had no idea you had a sense of humor. LOL.

Hellfog - Musically, it was a little ordinary in comparison. Otherwise, a solid effort. Another one with a sense of humor.

Mister Natural - To be honest, the vocals put me off. I know you asked use to imagine girls singing but I just couldn't do it. Everything else was fine.

You guys really impressed me this month. Donkeyman. LMAO. Yeah, that's what I need at my age alright. And "I'm Done" yeah, that one really hit home. The flying car? Loved it. The awful auful (sp) the ending killed me. LMAO.

Thank God I didn't enter because as you can see, I have no sense of humor and my submission would have been ghastly. Almost embarrassing.

Anyway, this month should really have multiple winners because this was the most fun I've had in a very long time.

Thanks for putting a smile on this old worn out guy's face.

Mister Natural wrote: but you show some serious piano skill on #3 !

How dare you.... :x One note at a time with the mouse m'boy. :hihi:
Last edited by donkey tugger on Wed Feb 27, 2019 7:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

wagtunes wrote: Wed Feb 27, 2019 7:06 pm February Contest Comments

Laguna Rising - You weren't far behind beanie. I had no idea you had a sense of humor. LOL.

wagtunes wrote: Wed Feb 27, 2019 7:06 pm
Jonny - I was almost in tears from laughing so hard. On a scale of 1-10, I had to give you an 11. And I'm honored that you dedicated that song to me. I wasn't even offended it was so well done.
Thanks for the generous review and for being a good sport. :hug: My wife, who played the wife or mistress or just the chick at the beginning of my recording, was so upset with me that I might have offended a person, a complete stranger who had no choice in the matter. But I tried to assure this was a good-natured parody; I was not making fun of you or at you, just having some fun with some of your more infamous KVR quotes. Maybe I can get me self out of the doghouse now :o

Mostly, I am relieved you were not offended and flattered that you gave such high praise.

Jonny Quest wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2019 5:14 am
wagtunes wrote: Wed Feb 27, 2019 7:06 pm
Thanks for the generous review and for being a good sport. :hug: My wife, who played the wife or mistress or just the chick at the beginning of my recording, was so upset with me that I might have offended a person, a complete stranger who had no choice in the matter. But I tried to assure this was a good-natured parody; I was not making fun of you or at you, just having some fun with some of your more infamous KVR quotes. Maybe I can get me self out of the doghouse now :o

Mostly, I am relieved you were not offended and flattered that you gave such high praise.
Aside from your wife, did you do all the voices in that. The voiceover sounded just like that guy who used to do those things, which sounded different from the other voice, which I assume was supposed to be me.

Absolutely amazing entry. As you can see by the voting so far, I think you're gonna win this hands down. And rightly so. That was freaking hilarious.

I just wish I could remember saying all that stuff. :lol:

wagtunes wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2019 11:42 am
Aside from your wife, did you do all the voices in that. The voiceover sounded just like that guy who used to do those things, which sounded different from the other voice, which I assume was supposed to be me.
Yes, that's me being a character reading your words (aka "you") and the voice over is by Howard Parker, who still does those things for a living. Thankfully, he read this as a favour to me.

wagtunes wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2019 11:42 am I just wish I could remember saying all that stuff. :lol:
Want the links ? :wink:

PS: this has been the second time you have been my muse. The other was your Baseball Sucks. So please keep popping in and out as you see fit.

Jonny Quest wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2019 5:48 pm
wagtunes wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2019 11:42 am
Yes, that's me being a character reading your words (aka "you") and the voice over is by Howard Parker, who still does those things for a living. Thankfully, he read this as a favour to me.

wagtunes wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2019 11:42 am I just wish I could remember saying all that stuff. :lol:
Want the links ? :wink:

PS: this has been the second time you have been my muse. The other was your Baseball Sucks. So please keep popping in and out as you see fit.
I'm glad that I've been of inspiration to at least someone around here. I'm honored.

But I don't think you'll be getting much more material from me. I've been trying to keep a relatively low profile around here of late. The drama has definitely decreased significantly from previous years.

@Wagtunes. Your not the only Diva in the room dear. You should get back in the game. Just a thought.

Tbase2000 wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2019 12:59 am @Wagtunes. Your not the only Diva in the room dear. You should get back in the game. Just a thought.
I'm not your dear.

TBH - I left the raw, raw vocal on the front of this FEB "commercial" 30 seconds - for a reason. I knew it would be difficult for some of my harsher critics around here to hear. So I say/said directly to them "you can go away" as I don't really care what place in the contest that I might end up month after month w/my modest work is b/c I do this for me. just for me.
I'm a far harsher critic than any of you could be of my own . . . and I dig my pieces. they rock.

peace
expert only on what it feels like to be me
https://soundcloud.com/mrnatural-1/tracks

Tbase2000 wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2019 12:59 am @Wagtunes. Your not the only Diva in the room dear...
How does a (Diva)Soprano screw in a lightbulb ?

She holds it in her raised arm, stands in one place and the world revolves around her
8)
expert only on what it feels like to be me
https://soundcloud.com/mrnatural-1/tracks

Mister Natural wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2019 4:54 am I dig my pieces. they rock.
FWIW, I dig them too. Rock on!

Return to “Music Cafe”