February Contest: Gossip

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi guys! Quick note: the contest thread will be up a little later today, but the theme will basically be as stated above: 60 second limit per track for a commercial-type recording (jingle, backing track, voice-over, what have you), with up to five tracks per person allowed, provided they're all submitted at once, as part of a single post (not spread out over the month).
GLHF! (Gandalf Lives, Hobbits Forever!)

If you spread out over the month but only using same original post and edit same thread each time, will that work?

Hellfog wrote: Fri Feb 01, 2019 3:29 pm If you spread out over the month but only using same original post and edit same thread each time, will that work?
Sounds like a plan to me.

donkey tugger wrote: Fri Feb 01, 2019 4:41 pm
Hellfog wrote: Fri Feb 01, 2019 3:29 pm If you spread out over the month but only using same original post and edit same thread each time, will that work?
Sounds like a plan to me.
Sounds like genius.

Works for me, too. Make it so! :) Thread is going up in just a few... Jan. contest results may be later today or early tomorrow. Shooting for later today.
GLHF! (Gandalf Lives, Hobbits Forever!)

is more than one about the same product ok?
like an ad campaign?

where ad 1 is all mysterious and tells you nothing other than the product name and some weird seemingly unconnected imagery/sounds

onion gravy
(traffic sounds/distant screams/rain forest)

then ad 2, drops it like a bomb.

northern lass "ee you smell great lovely hun, what you wearin?"

northern bloke "onion gravy, the new one from paco raban "

whisper over zither
onion gravy, for men....

vurt wrote: Fri Feb 01, 2019 6:46 pm

whisper over zither
Got said zither have you?

Totally irrelevant post here. I was racking my brain for the phrase "Strictly commercial", I knew it was from Zappa album, either "Overnight Sensation" or "Apostrophe (')"
Found it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JhHCcUnm4SI
Is materialism devouring your musical output? :ud:

donkey tugger wrote: Fri Feb 01, 2019 6:53 pm
vurt wrote: Fri Feb 01, 2019 6:46 pm

whisper over zither
Got said zither have you?
i can approximate one using clever delay tactics.
or samples! all legal in the context of the contest :P

The doctor mentions made up companies. For some reason I have the feeling that real companies (Volvo, IKEA, Mercedes Benz or the Lagunitas brewery) would set my fantasy and creativity on fire to a much higher extent than Marthas muffins. Or (God forbid) a campaign jingle for the next election in Russia: Putin for president.

How do we look att real, existing companies and persons?
To be is to do — Socrates.
To do is to be — Jean-Paul Sartre.
Do be do be do — Frank Sinatra.

per99 wrote: Fri Feb 01, 2019 8:24 pm The doctor mentions made up companies.
in the subs thread, he says "products that don't exist, yet"
could be the mercedes flying saucer personal space cruiser. :hihi:

vurt wrote: Fri Feb 01, 2019 8:51 pm

in the subs thread, he says "products that don't exist, yet"
In the FL contest I did one for a proposed government rollout of universal basic income. You probably have to be British to get it... :hihi:

http://www.bennyleeds7.myfreeola.uk/donkeyt-ubi.mp3

This month is (again) looking rather busy for me, but I'll make some sort of attempt... hopefully.
It wasn't me! (well, actually, it probably was) - apparently now an 'elderly' so maybe I forgot!

vurt wrote: Fri Feb 01, 2019 8:51 pm in the subs thread, he says "products that don't exist, yet"
could be the mercedes flying saucer personal space cruiser. :hihi:
So if i wanna wright a jingle to promote Vladimer Putin to be a scour robot next time, I can do it? I'm getting obsessesed wiht this. Just change a few chords in the russian national anthem...

I have also composed a Donald-song. Two years ago, before he got elected. The beginning is probably the best part of this song.

https://soundcloud.com/per_bellener/under-the-sun

Return to “Music Cafe”