Some Cool Shiznit

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Frantz wrote: Fri Jan 25, 2019 1:21 am
Samuel_S wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 4:35 pm So what are his tunes like?
Frantz sounds like Milli Vanilli unplugged. :oops:
You have the voice to sing Duran Duran and Sisters Of Mercy covers
This is Samuel S. I make music for fun even if it isn't music.

Well, I have to tell you Wags is quite generous with them numbers pretty much every time.

It's a loop like all the other loops which are tagged 'DnB' isn't it, and then some other thing from the ether you appropriated.
If it was fun to do, great. If you expect tons of approbation behind it, I hope that works for you as well.

I prefer people with ideas.

There, almost trash talking by comparison,
which tends to fuel views here. :)

Samuel_S wrote: Fri Jan 25, 2019 2:43 am You have the voice to sing Duran Duran and Sisters Of Mercy covers
Thanks! I probably could do a decent job singing a Sisters of Mercy tune and now that Mr. Eldritch has lost his hair, we are starting to look similar. :-o

On to your track, I know very little about D+B but I think it is good. The sub bass is satisfying. The pads provide some moody atmospherics. There are some distant high leads that are hinting at a melody but also add to the atmosphere.

Unfortunately, those particular vocal samples are common and over used. The mix is lo-fi but that is probably intentional.

I suggest trying to come up with a few more distinctive ideas to help it stand out from the crowd of similar tracks in this genre.

Frantz wrote: Fri Jan 25, 2019 3:50 am
Samuel_S wrote: Fri Jan 25, 2019 2:43 am You have the voice to sing Duran Duran and Sisters Of Mercy covers
Thanks! I probably could do a decent job singing a Sisters of Mercy tune and now that Mr. Eldritch has lost his hair, we are starting to look similar. :-o

On to your track, I know very little about D+B but I think it is good. The sub bass is satisfying. The pads provide some moody atmospherics. There are some distant high leads that are hinting at a melody but also add to the atmosphere.

Unfortunately, those particular vocal samples are common and over used. The mix is lo-fi but that is probably intentional.

I suggest trying to come up with a few more distinctive ideas to help it stand out from the crowd of similar tracks in this genre.
People say these vocal samples are over used yet I never heard of them in my life. Were they popular in trance, house and techno? I used the Roland Cloud SRX Dance Traxx whatever to try and enforce the 90s sound.
This is Samuel S. I make music for fun even if it isn't music.

Return to “Music Cafe”