3am - self conjured (modular synths and guitar looping)

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

vurt wrote: Sun Dec 16, 2018 9:20 pm
justin3am wrote:Yeah, my wife also prefers to see it in the dark, with other weirdos... :oops:

er :scared: ...
My studio! It's all in our living room now and while she has been very accommodating, I'm sure she would prefer to see it all go somewhere else. :lol:

layzer wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:49 am some very interesting, intricate textures in here, and that guitar sits nicely over it all.
i enjoyed the subtle variances all the way to the end. an entertaining ride. :tu:
Thanks for listening. I'm happy with the way the synth parts came out. I need to do more ambient pieces, focusing on those kinds of sounds but I always end up bringing beats in and that just changes the whole vibe. :band:

Very interesting! I’ve been curious to see real world examples of how you might actually use the Pacer. It looks like it works well with the Octatrack!
Incomplete list of my gear: 1/8" audio input jack.

Great track Justin. :tu:

I'm an ITB guy myself except for a little guitar maybe occasionally so it is quite amazing to see
a live performance like yours with all your hardware gear.

Looking forward to see what you come up with next.
Sound C loud
Band C amp
Clicks and pops is all I get

deastman wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 9:51 pm Very interesting! I’ve been curious to see real world examples of how you might actually use the Pacer. It looks like it works well with the Octatrack!
Yes, for this performance I just used Pacer's Octatrack preset as-is. On the Octatrack, I set the QREC and QPL for the Track Recorders to Pattern, so that recording and playback will always start at the beginning of the pattern. That way, it works like a tempo synced clip launcher.

I use another of Pacer's presets to change patterns on the Octatrack and AnalogFour, using Program Change messages. A third preset is used to change effect configurations on the Eleven Rack and Pitch Factor (I use the Pitch Factor like a desktop effect, so it's nice that I can use MIDI or relays for remote control).

When doing overdubs, while holding an instrument, Pacer's transport and track controls are incredibly useful.

For an 8-minute solo jam, I think you managed to incorporate a lot of variation and interest into this piece, so yeah, I think It could probably have been longer. That Octatrack seems like a very powerful and versatile piece of kit.

Good work :)

Thanks for listening!
Yes, the Octatrack is an incredible tool. It's been the brain of my setup since I got it in 2010. I still haven't touched every corner of what it can do. On top of all the sampling stuff it does, it has a very powerful MIDI sequencer, which I have patched to a MIDI>CV converter to control various voices on my modular. Some voices are controlled directly from the OT but in other cases I use a MIDI track as an on/off switch by combining a note from the Octatrack with the output of another sequencer, using AND Logic. This allows me to start and stop my analog sequencers from the OT.

Love it!

edit : love your other videos as well. Good music. :tu:

Thanks for watching/listening!

Return to “Music Cafe”